FishinMortician

Stopped at grocers on way home tonight

Rate this topic

111 posts in this topic

No mask.....no entry.....per county commission rule enacted today. I watched the store turn away three black people because they did not have a mask. The state is in the process of reopening, so why the need to suddenly enact this new rule ? I thought grocers were considered essential businesses. 

It seems as if this new rule was created to serve a political agenda. It also seems as if the Democrats intend to step up restrictions, not lessen them. 

Question for group....Do you see new measures being enacted to restrict people when we should be rolling the old ones back ?

Two months ago, three black people with masks would have been lugged on the spot.

It is all about Control.  Maine somewhat opened the State  but with restrictions,  face coverings are a requirement.....

Starting Wednesday Massachusetts will require people to wear face coverings out in public.... The Governor stated that face coverings will be the new normal...

This is Government overreach as far as I am concerned.

I have worn a buff in the grocery store because they make you in NJ.  But I never put on a surgical or N95 mask and I will be damned if I do.

Also have never taken a selfie.

34 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

No mask.....no entry.....per county commission rule enacted today. I watched the store turn away three black people because they did not have a mask. The state is in the process of reopening, so why the need to suddenly enact this new rule ? I thought grocers were considered essential businesses. 

It seems as if this new rule was created to serve a political agenda. It also seems as if the Democrats intend to step up restrictions, not lessen them. 

Question for group....Do you see new measures being enacted to restrict people when we should be rolling the old ones back ?

Do you consider mandatory face coverings a restriction?

5 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Is "No shirt, no shoes, no service" a restriction?

15 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

When put in place by a private business, no.  It's their business, they should be required or allow whatever the **** the want, and people should be free to shop elsewhere if they don't like it.

8 mins ago, Ellar said:

Is "No shirt, no shoes, no service" a restriction?

Is that requirement put in place by the government?

1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

Is that requirement put in place by the government?

Why do you ask?

Before a month ago, you weren't allowed in a store with a mask on. Enter a bank with a mask, and secret buttons would be pushed before you handed the teller a note.

Man, that was a quick 180.

10 mins ago, Ellar said:

Why do you ask?

Because if it's not put in place by the government, then by definition, it cannot be government overreach.

1 hour ago, FishinMortician said:

Costco near me has their own mask rule. No mask, no service. They're trying to protect their customers and employees. They've also implemented a system in which the cashiers touch as little of the packaging as possible. Good on them for being proactive. What's the big deal about wearing a mask?

29 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Yes, as well as a hindrance to reaching herd immunity as quickly as possible...

Were just delaying the inevitable with these stupid practices...

25 mins ago, dena said:

Before a month ago, you weren't allowed in a store with a mask on. Enter a bank with a mask, and secret buttons would be pushed before you handed the teller a note.

Man, that was a quick 180.

Just got back from the bank,hat,shades and a mask,I suspect it is the new normal.