social distancing fishing report from Cape Lookout

Rate this topic

bhorsley

Sarah and I don't get to fish very often due to the endless 25 kts of wind.  Big bluefish are making a show on the shoals and nice grey trout over the wrecks.  The grey trout are 60 to 65 feet down so it took old drum fly tackle to reach them --500 grain sink tip and Half and Halfs with the heaviest eyes they make--on a 11wt.  Over kill yes but still nice to get a fly bite in 65 feet of water.   Albies are around as well and a few old drum. 

BDH_7293.jpg

BDH_7363.jpg

BDH_7385-2.jpg

BDH_5597.jpg

BDH_5599.jpg

Brian Horsley

A good friend of mine and guide here on Cape Cod just got back from a 14 day camp out there.Catching big reds,blues,sharks and trout from the beach.Had most of the area to themselves for the entire time.Even a night with tornado winds and lightning blasting around in the area.As he calls it...……….EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

23 mins ago, theshadow said:

A good friend of mine and guide here on Cape Cod just got back from a 14 day camp out there.Catching big reds,blues,sharks and trout from the beach.Had most of the area to themselves for the entire time.Even a night with tornado winds and lightning blasting around in the area.As he calls it...……….EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

One thing we have in spades is weather.  Springs are always very volatile here.  This year has been exceptional 

Brian Horsley

It just seems like we are in a cycle of endless wind..... I hope it quits and I hope we get blues like those on Cape Cod this season. 

Brian--I hope you and Sarah can get up to Hatteras soon and start your season--Take care and be safe :th:

25 mins ago, cgg said:

It just seems like we are in a cycle of endless wind..... I hope it quits and I hope we get blues like those on Cape Cod this season. 

Brian--I hope you and Sarah can get up to Hatteras soon and start your season--Take care and be safe :th:

It was only blowing 35 kts this am and 45 degrees.  Tomorrow looks good so we will go look. 
We are moving back to Nags Head end of next week— not sure how the season will go but we are counting down the days until our return to Cape Lookout 

thanks and hope your weather improves as well 

906257FA-A251-423C-961F-1AD5F68F4077.jpeg

Edited by bhorsley

Brian Horsley