Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SB59

Workin',quitin',or hopin 'they fire ya?

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

Since there is no vaccine >

When your job calls, are you going back?

What if you got at risk people in your family?

Been working, will continue to work and working overtime as needed. I was working 4 days for 32 now I’m doing 5 days and next week 10s. If they need me I’m doing what they need. 

I distance myself from others and like it that way. 

Never stopped.... swung a bunch more money an hour ... a bunch...because they need me, understood anyone is   Replaceable ....apparently I’m not at the moment because I’m sure it killed him bumping me up that far.... and I wasn’t underpaid as a union tool maker with 20 years in. 

Went back 2 weeks ago after 2 weeks off.  More of our jobs are opening up gradually as the different cities allow.  

Getting some to come back before July may be difficult with the unemployment bonus.   Unemployment cannot deny a claimant in MA for refusing to return to work during the pandemic I don't believe.   The claimant claims fear or underlying health conditions as a reason.

Never stopped, neither did my 3 adult kids.  Can't say I've worked harder as in more hours but have accomplished more to help my clients and others in the industry I serve in the last 7 weeks than ever before.  

Been working  extra. And installed a screen door yest for 50 cash because they insisted that they pay me something. 

Never stopped, go into the office 5 days a week and was working from home weekends when needed.  More hours than before because most of the office staff is working from home and need support from the office.

Looking forward to a few good days off once everyone is back.

1 hour ago, DMacLeod said:

Getting some to come back before July may be difficult with the unemployment bonus.   Unemployment cannot deny a claimant in MA for refusing to return to work during the pandemic I don't believe.   The claimant claims fear or underlying health conditions as a reason.

I was wondering if they could refuse to come back and still get unemployment.  We are running into that with some of our union guys here in NY as job sites are starting to open.  Making more with the bonus from Feds.  I just don't understand because they won't have enough hours to keep their healthcare thru the union going. So they will have to pay their own or go without.