Popasilov

Sea Robins

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Where did they go?

Last year we had them all over. They were hitting SP minnows like crazy.

I haven't seen one, yet, this year.

Funny you mention this. I got a new rod yesterday and figured id go to one of my favorite robins nests to put a bend in it.... Nada  Haven't had one yet this season 

3 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

With water this cold... I'd be worried about "shrinkage"

I don't have that problem

I am married; nothing to shrink here; my way cut them off the very first day I said magical "Yes"

She stapled them above the front door entrance so they serve as "ding-dong" bells, now.

Your wish is my command . I foresee sea Robbins being  plentyful by June 15 sadly those annoying stripers and bluefish will be in full force by then so if you put in your time and check those old log books you will get your PB searobin.

Does anyone ever use them for bait besides a strip bait on a jig ? I saw a guy chunking them a few times on the north shore. Never saw him catch anything but he was convinced it works 

I tried last year in June when we were thick with dogfish and skates and they were flying through my bunker literally within seconds of casting.

Had my young boy out and we ran out of bunker chunks and he was having such a good time, when I hooked a robin, I chunked the tail.

Hard to believe...not a nibble.