When does the sh*t get real?

Rate this topic

143 posts in this topic

21 mins ago, saltydawg said:

The lack of logic is befuddling.

Democrats:

“Trump is a dictator!”

also Democrats.

”Do what your government says regardless of your Constitutional rights or your desire to feed your kids.”

A democrat believes that whatever they feel at any given moment, overrules The Constitution - because they are smarter than The Founders were.

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 mins ago, JohnP said:

Had we locked down in Feb, pretty sure we would not have led the world in the medal count as we do today...

i do understand, the Orange Man did the want that, his re-election was built on the economy...but nobody wanted that either...

Americans are pretty stupid, more so than ever, unless there are dead bodies, nobody accepts there is a threat, they listen to Tucker and Laura 

Well tell that to the governors because they chose when to implement the lockdowns. It wasn’t the federal government. Remember this when state elections come around....demand new laws for emergency management powers. It appears that we citizens were not aware of the amount of power the state governments actually have. 

Edited by aae0130

19 mins ago, JohnP said:

Had we locked down in Feb, pretty sure we would not have led the world in the medal count as we do today...

i do understand, the Orange Man did the want that, his re-election was built on the economy...but nobody wanted that either...

Americans are pretty stupid, more so than ever, unless there are dead bodies, nobody accepts there is a threat, they listen to Tucker and Laura 

We don’t actually lead the world in the medal count, even considering NYC  take the disaster that is NYC out of the equation and we are doing better than most 

28 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Democrats:

“Trump is a dictator!”

also Democrats.

”Do what your government says regardless of your Constitutional rights or your desire to feed your kids.”

Trump can’t tell us when to reopen! 

Vs.

Trump should have told us to close! 

it’s an illness 

58 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

“Earlier”. 

Define for us what day day that Is?  What would the trigger have been and when to go on lockdown. 

that would be a great discussion, but your deplorable friends and having a hissy fit on the thread. Let’s see if they calm down. 

As previously posted the one thing we all seem to agree on is we have to go back to work ,the economy can't wait for Covit 19 to disappear...Either you die working or die a financial death then wonder should I've gone to work ,worn my pp e at work and if I didn't feel good then stay home...

How did the nurses do it

How did the bank tellers manage

How did the cops survive

How does the military function

How does the walking wounded arm themselves and go to battle...

High risk groups stay close to your medical providers.

It doesn't matter who you are or what you believe in,. this is still the United States the land of peace ,justice,and no mercy.I know,I know

Edited by Surf bomber

I do not think things will really register until things start to open up a little bit.  Govt assistance is going to be needed long term.  I think the programs in place now are going to be the starting point for a UBI-like program.  I know those with PPP loans. The roll out of that program was horrible, a lot of the terms were not clear from the get go, constantly updating the regs on qualifying expenses, going to be a nightmare reconciling what can and can not be forgiven.

1 hour ago, ridenfish said:

It’s almost as though some liberals are actually enjoying what’s happening. 

I think so.

55 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Democrats:

“Trump is a dictator!”

also Democrats.

Yes

3 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

I do not think things will really register until things start to open up a little bit.  Govt assistance is going to be needed long term.  I think the programs in place now are going to be the starting point for a UBI-like program.  I know those with PPP loans. The roll out of that program was horrible, a lot of the terms were not clear from the get go, constantly updating the regs on qualifying expenses, going to be a nightmare reconciling what can and can not be forgiven.

I thought that too. Filing taxes at year end will be trans splendid experience. 
trying to go back and make sense of the tax code of a very stable genius administration 

1 hour ago, RiverRaider said:

Trump can’t tell us when to reopen! 

Vs.

Trump should have told us to close! 

it’s an illness 

Like being able to discern the difference between grabbing a willing kitty and grouping a child or digitally poking a campaign worker's kitty.

2 hours ago, paddie said:

Middle East? So many good shows at that little spot. Saw Merle Saunders there I lived up there in the early ‘90’s. Harpers ferry too

Great Scott.

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

I thought that too. Filing taxes at year end will be trans splendid experience. 
trying to go back and make sense of the tax code of a very stable genius administration 

You can’t lie about that one. Your taxes are lower than they were before Trump.

35 mins ago, aae0130 said:

You can’t lie about that one. Your taxes are lower than they were before Trump.

you have no Fing idea 

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

that would be a great discussion, but your deplorable friends and having a hissy fit on the thread. Let’s see if they calm down. 

Just think people have died, and you blame Trump but you started a thread bitching about your Geico Boating insurance and not getting a refund. You really have your priorities straight.............. talking about meaningless hissy fits.

Edited by Flybyme