luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2020

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

No official word on when the OSV will be opening, I would not doubt they remove some of the air pump hoses so we can social distance.

1 hour ago, spinr0k said:

No official word on when the OSV will be opening, I would not doubt they remove some of the air pump hoses so we can social distance.

Ok thank you spinrok

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here’s a picture of me hooked up on approx 36 in black drum in AI VA on Friday. Lost him in ankle deep surf. For anyone new to black drum fishing like me you need to know this is not a big fighting fish. I thought it was a shark the whole way in and treated it as such. Lesson learned for the next time. 

BE4E04D5-41B0-4B05-95B2-0E84B181C57A.jpeg

Edited by GW

Fished some hard structure, landed several hickory shad  on the teaser and one schoolie bass. Left as wind started to pick back up. Lost something decent in the early a.m. pulled quite a bit of line before coming undone.

Fished from shore of a tidal creek from 10AM-3PM. Incoming tide through to beginning of outgoing. Bloodworms produced about 20 7"-10" white perch and a few little stripers. Bucktail w/ gulp and a spoon didn't produce anything, no flounder for me yet and aside from one snapper last week no bluefish either. Hopefully once we get a few 70 degree days in a row things start to pick up.

14 hours ago, SneakyWeakie said:

Hopefully once we get a few 70 degree days in a row things start to pick up.

Later this week looks to be the ticket.

I had a similar experience at A.I.-VA Saturday Sunday. It was an all you can eat salad buffet. All the kelp and sea grass you could ever want.

Was getting small rocks and keeper flounder out on the Nanticoke this weekend.  Almost went down to the OSV but played Saturday so had to do work on Sunday.

Made a trip to the surf and brought my nephews. Everyone wants to get out from house arrest. Friday afternoon mostly giant rays and cow nose. Windy.  We did get a striper to bite but one of my nephews took the rod and lost it in the surf. Saturday same thing with wind,  big rays and skate but this time as I noticed a rod go down, I get since it I'm right next to it. A tough fight, but ends up being a 41lb black drum. Sunday windy again. One good bite but my other nephew gets the rod and its another Rockfish. He loses it and snaps the line in the surf. :shrug: Overall I only saw one Rockfish caught in 3 days and thats it. Really slow action this weekend. Connie only caught 2 skates. Too many hands in the cookie jar? haha  Now it's been almost hurricane weather and hard to even  walk outdoors bc of the wind. Been indoors for 2 days straight....so....we're cutting this trip short and heading out to Hatteras to fish for some big kingfish,pompano, spanish,  and I heard of a fish called Cobia gonna show up soon. :clown:.. To be continued...............

thumbnail_IMG_20200516_142111.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200516_142046.jpg