luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2020

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

Here is to hoping that things get back to 'normal'... and the beaches open up for all of us to get out.  If you are fortunate to get out and catch, please share for the rest of us.

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, danta said:

:rav::rav::soapbox: if this damn rain stops.

I always say.. the fish don't mind being wet, and I don't care about the rain. Wind is a different story. November has been a bust lately so I wouldn't miss the chance given if I was a local.

Edited by 7nBait

3 mins ago, rdiezel said:

Boo fish are here, caught my first of the year. Not much size on it but enough to put a bend on a rod.

You fishing Maryland ?  If Delaware, howed you get in to fish ?not spot burning.

2 mins ago, hunter123 said:

You fishing Maryland ?  If Delaware, howed you get in to fish ?not spot burning.

Maryland, cops weren’t asking questions despite all the patrolling. 

Edited by rdiezel

8 mins ago, rdiezel said:

Maryland, cops weren’t asking questions despite all the patrolling. 

Well you were legal, you can eat the boo's, lol. I think next weekend I'm hitting the eastern shore. Thank's rdiezel.

Edited by hunter123

2 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Well you were legal, you can eat the boo's, lol. I think next weekend I'm hitting the eastern shore. Thank's rdiezel.

Yes sir, as long as you’re fishing you should be fine. 

Tuesday was a slow one fishing-wise in DE.  Water was dirtier than I had expected but not terrible.  I had grand plans to hit the road at 3 am for some pre-dawn action but it didn't happen.  Ended up fishing/spot-hopping 7 am - 7 pm.  Only fish I saw caught over the course of the 12 hours were 3 blues spread across ~6 hours and 3 different spots (by anglers who picked better spots than I did by mere yards).  All looked to be in the 4-6 lb variety and no other fish followed.

Would've been a total skunk if not for a shad taking a teaser.  Still a good fight on the back bay rod.

I did have one decent take on a jighead/soft plastic.  As I got it to the surface it turned its side and came unbuttoned about 15 feet from the rocks.