Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

Sudsy

All the bass tonight came with a side of salad.............. :)

Ended up with the biggest strip of the season so far.

Sooooo.....that makes a 20lb pike, wild brown trout galore, 7lb bass on 2lb braid....and 40" bass....good week so far....

Edited by scoobydoo

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

Fished last night  from 7PM till almost midnight. Raritan bay, my usual spot only produced one 20 inch fluke on the buck tail. Cycled through my lure bag without a tap. Bunker were present but spaced out. Not even a tap after sundown. Is this the changing of the season?!?!

I dont even kno anymore. Skunk yest eve, skunk this morn at sunrise. Not a tap. Frusturating. The way i see it is this...we have exited the early spring run with many of those fish spreading out, moving up the hudson. we are now transitioning to mid, late spring time with the 2nd wave of bass n hopefully blues but we stil arent in a consistent enough weather pattern to get some rythm goin. thats my logic for sucking. 

Edited by joefishnj21

40 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

I dont even kno anymore. Skunk yest eve, skunk this morn at sunrise. Not a tap. Frusturating. The way i see it is this...we have exited the early spring run with many of those fish spreading out, moving up the hudson. we are now transitioning to mid, late spring time with the 2nd wave of bass n hopefully blues but we stil arent in a consistent enough weather pattern to get some rythm goin. thats my logic for sucking. 

As an old timer told me many years ago "Ya can't catch what ain't there."

Keeping with the skunk theme, I did my part this morning. Got to the beach at 6:45, out front, and fished for two hours. One solid hit and a couple of halfhearted taps. Gorgeous looking water, just clean enough, with big waves and plenty of white water (surfer dudes were having a ball). Only saw one other guy fishing and he was doing the bait routine. He skunked also. The sand bugs are multiplying as fast as the virus! They're abundant and the number of bait sized ones has increased exponentially. Saw my first horseshoe crab. Deader than a door nail. A few birds diving way out. Hope to get back down late afternoon or early evening. 

25 mins ago, mike07gsxr said:

Two around the 20lb mark 2 nights ago. I noticed it really slowed up after these past few blows we had.  Been fishing out back of moco.  Plenty of bait around but not enough bass. I agree with Joe. We need a second wave of fish to come through.

20200506_213113.jpg

Your editing skills are getting even better Merman! Nice fish!

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')

Yeah, so I'm still carting around that stink with me.  Surf was rocking this morning and with the full moon tide the water was being pushed way up the beach.  There's going to be a lot of sand moved around since yesterday.  Headed a bit south of where I was with Nam yesterday and not even a tap.  Will move further south in the morning.  Guess all I can contribute at this point is sunrise shots.  Gives you a look at the surf conditions early.

DSCF2986.JPG

49 mins ago, mike07gsxr said:

Two around the 20lb mark 2 nights ago. I noticed it really slowed up after these past few blows we had.  Been fishing out back of moco.  Plenty of bait around but not enough bass. I agree with Joe. We need a second wave of fish to come through.

20200506_213113.jpg

Mike that's alot of green slime on that bass.....must be in the Raritan for sure.  Just guessing man.

• Sudsy locked this topic