Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Took my yak out just before daybreak on Sat, OC out back. Wind was a pain. Marked a few, but couldn't produce. Lots of grass.

As per the other story, drysuit and a pfd are must haves. Just as important as knowing your location for traffic and knowing your limits on your yak. Hate to hear stuff like that. Current was very strong Sunday morning with the river flowing the same direction as the wind. Someone launched a paddled yak. Spent the whole time paddling and lost ground from where he put it. Offer to help declined. I got out as I reeked of skunk. 

Had to look for fishable and clean water this eve as the winds made many areas unfishable. Went to a spot way out back. Didnt find a thing other than more dirty water. Been a pretty solid spring for me but the end of april to may transition has been suprisingly awful. Well heres hopen things kick on like a light switch. Overdue. 4th skunk in a row. 

Small craft advisory early Saturday. Went out in one of these once in a 9.9hp skiff and thought we were dead for awhile, water isn't a joke.

Anyone moving out front yet or plan to soon? I'd like to get down Saturday. Weather looks trash for mid May, should keep the casuals away 

11 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

Small craft advisory early Saturday. Went out in one of these once in a 9.9hp skiff and thought we were dead for awhile, water isn't a joke.

Anyone moving out front yet or plan to soon? I'd like to get down Saturday. Weather looks trash for mid May, should keep the casuals away 

I really miss it out front, I just don't think it's worth it yet for any places that are open right now. I'm going to give it another week. 

14 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

I’ve checked it out a couple times waters still cold 

3 hours ago, MC55 said:

Went out this morning to see if any choppers have made it yet into the local waters.  Nice conditions, no one answered.  Moved out front and again real nice water and a bright sunny morning.  Didn't matter, still no fish.  MoJo meter is hitting a new low.  Back out tomorrow somewhere on the hunt.

Have you been hanging out with Adoboboy? I warned you!

1 hour ago, SurfCaster01289 said:

I’ve checked it out a couple times waters still cold 

Yes, but it's up to 51 out front, three degrees since yesterday. Mo Co. I've been getting shorts while it's been between 45 and 48. They are feeding on bugs, which are plentiful. 

Had a great first trip on the front beach. It’s been years since I’ve chunked. Water felt warmer than 50. Landed 3 in the thirty inch range and missed several due to weeds getting thick towards the top of the tide. I had bunker getting blown up in front of me for a while. All bass and no blues. All back swimming. I have others out front with success in the last 2 days. Had it to myself, that was a blessing in itself 

Kayaker bought the farm on the Delaware River two weekend ago also. No PFD, fell out of an anchored yak on a day when the river was up about a foot or foot and a half and water temp was still only in the high 40s. 

I'm amazed how little respect people give bodies of water. 

as per Fisherman's Headquarters...

LBI....All Ship Bottom and Long Beach Twp. Beaches are OPEN...

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

SoMoCo this AM. Beginning of the outgoing 45 min. Beautiful but brisk morning, light to steady NW, clean but flat water. Found 1 on the teaser and lost one. I got several ‘triple taps’ as well. Shad or fluke?

Side note: 3 knuckleheads drove their Beemer onto the beach to see the sunrise. I just SMH at them and gave them ‘the face’. 

D7D6BB54-1241-4DE3-BF21-906CC6D2BF47.jpeg

• Sudsy locked this topic