Sudsy

Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

651 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BobBass said:

AtCo out back. First serious attempt at fluke for the year. Kind of felt like a waste of time. Caught a 15” short on  a strip of bluegill I paid my neighbors son $1 to catch and bring to me, which now I’m probably stuck doing the rest of the summer or until this kid quits fishing from the quarantine ending. (His dad said he was bored and wanted to sell me a fish) The guy next to me had an 18.5” on a frozen mullet. 

Believe that’s the first fluke I’ve ever heard being caught on a bluegill strip.  Good job, I think :D

2 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

RB water clarity report.... chocolate milk w/ salad all along the shore in the UB, Cliffwood, LH, and Amboy area. 

Thanks for the report, I guess it hasn't changed much in a couple weeks now.

2 hours ago, Slowwwride said:

RB water clarity report.... chocolate milk w/ salad all along the shore in the UB, Cliffwood, LH, and Amboy area. 

Not gonna mention which one, but I got the hard skunk at one of those places while fishing for blues recently. 

11 mins ago, adoboboy said:

Thanks for the report, I guess it hasn't changed much in a couple weeks now.

NP.... figured I’d save people the trip...hope I didn’t break any rules as I am just talking about the state of the water. I’m not sure why it’s still so dirty. I feel like we haven’t had a bad blow since last week although I could be wrong. There are days I leave my house and there are no winds then get down to the water and it is ripping. Hope it clears up soon. 

12 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

Not gonna mention which one, but I got the hard skunk at one of those places while fishing for blues recently. 

Me too. Won’t say where but today around high tide one spot had a rod every eight feet for about 200 yards. Went to a less popular spot and caught a nice tan, that’s about it. Took the leftover bait home and threw it in the fridge. Going to head out of the area tomorrow to find some cleaner water.  

18 mins ago, JohnnyG said:

Took the 4 yr old out front today. Got one short and two blues.  Last weekend we had a 28 and 35 (last pic).  He’s really hooked!

2DBC693E-EA23-4095-BA7B-46B66F9F0C13.jpeg

91C2F571-A392-48DD-91B1-39B6227F5C5C.jpeg

BC32E745-DFA4-4E9E-88C8-027E7EA6DF56.jpeg

That’s great. My 7yo is hooked too. Wait til he outfishes you.

2 hours ago, cartopper said:

Believe that’s the first fluke I’ve ever heard being caught on a bluegill strip.  Good job, I think :D

Yes that is unique. Years ago chicken strips soaked in shedder were hot bait for weakies in Delaware bay. We stopped using shedder and still caught just as many including lots of big fluke. Still sometimes use strip from chicken thigh and catches fluke

3 hours ago, cartopper said:

56 mins ago, Potato Caboose said:

Yes that is unique. Years ago chicken strips soaked in shedder were hot bait for weakies in Delaware bay. We stopped using shedder and still caught just as many including lots of big fluke. Still sometimes use strip from chicken thigh and catches fluke

I caught a bluefish waaay in the back of the Toms River on a bluegill chunk looking for catfish when I was a kid so I bet it’s not as weird as it sounds. 

4 mins ago, BobBass said:

I caught a bluefish waaay in the back of the Toms River on a bluegill chunk looking for catfish when I was a kid so I bet it’s not as weird as it sounds. 

Once caught a big cat livelining a snapper blue in brackish water... strange world

5 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Also, I don't recall the striper fishing being this hot still while fluking was underway. Is that normal or am I just imaging this 

hey Hurricane, what county is striper fishing hot, surf or boat, with plugs? Went out a few times in evening last couple of weeks, other than a few schoolies didn't see anyone catching much. Landing blues and flukes near north moco close to rip but no stripers so far, thanks.

Went looking for fluke down at the southern end of my range

Is it September already? What's with all the tiny 2 lb blues ? (and the MOB of people fishing for them)

8 hours ago, TheLuckyStrike said:

Finally a nice fish on a head tonight 27# water looked good where I was outfront, had 4 small blues not worth mentioning 

21B0BA5B-D994-440E-A5D2-631EC5B0AF30.jpeg

Nice catch. BTW, if those blues weren't worth mentioning, why did you mention them! :D

13 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

If it's meat, they'll eat. ;)