Sudsy

Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

651 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just in from the beach, sent some large swimming away strong and headed north for you moco guys.  

Had one inhale a little neck, didn’t even get hooked but was lodged diagonally across its mouth.  They’re hungry 

Edited by Bluetaildragger

Finally showed up had a few at tide turn had one I couldn’t turn thought it was a red! Kept burning drag finally broke off I will be dreaming bout that one.. many blues up to 22” this weak was 261/2 and fought hard. I knew this morn was right with that fog and light wind. Plain unscented white grub 1/2oz

A470D174-1BA7-43C9-B8AB-DA3495F135F7.jpeg

Edited by libertyminded

Couldnt find eels last night so I went to plan B. Found bass up to 15# slurping down larger bay anchovies. I had success with a new retrieve that seemed to cull some of the larger teen fish. SS bullet worked like a spook.

CMC, out front 5:15 to 6:30 am, 2 bass on plastic paddle tails, 26"  and 20".  The 26": was covered with sea lice. Also lost one shaking the hook on the surface and two large bumps without a hookup. I think larger fish are still in the area.

Followed what I did yesterday by starting in the back, just didn't get the same results.  Only one smallish bluefish and one other swipe to a pencil.  Only saw one or two others caught so made the move to the front.  Another morning of perfect water conditions for the plastics and bugs.  Used them both but the out front skunk was in charge.  When I was leaving did see some bunker make an appearance just off shore.  They were all happy so headed home.  Probably give the back one more shot and then just focus on the big lake.  

Out front ocean county, 7-11am. Nothing to show soaking clams. Couldn't get any fresh and had to opt for salted. I'm convinced it's a waste of time and money to get any thing but fresh to this point

On 5/16/2020 at 4:26 PM, hurricane1091 said:

Soaked clam, trash fish only.

Small rant, hopefully I don't sound annoying but I have to air my grievance.

I've only been in this game for two years or so and I've plugged not very well but I've chunked even worse. But here's the thing, I've soaked bait probably 50 times and I've caught a handful of shorts and the rest trash fish (one nice one on a bloodworm). But like, I've literally seen one keeper caught by someone else around me. Does everyone around me also just suck or are the odds of actually chunking up something nice just real narrow or what?

I've chunked in the Delaware river, the Delaware Bay, ocean City, point pleasant, LBI, seaside, deal, etc etc. I've chunked everywhere, and I never see squat in terms of stripers caught by anyone and it's always the same bull**** excuses by everyone too. Trash fish are always plenty though lol.

It's not about where you fish, as it is when you fish. Ocassionally, you put together magical outtings, most times early on it's a crap shoot. Eventually you get better or help knowing where fish are hanging out.

Quick trip to beach, out front, MoCo. Only had an hour, from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Fish turned on right after the flip, outgoing. Got 8, from micro up to 26". Lost several others. Also caught a shad, a 16 1/2 inch fluke, and got bit off by blues. Left them biting. All on a white MC 55 swimmer and a yellow and white teaser. Great white water, light SE wind, and overcast, with fog in and out. Beach is pretty much empty. A couple of bait guys.

3 hours ago, el_tsunami said:

Out front ocean county, 7-11am. Nothing to show soaking clams. Couldn't get any fresh and had to opt for salted. I'm convinced it's a waste of time and money to get any thing but fresh to this point

Hooked up 2 on salted clams yestetday. Theyll work. Probably not as effective as fresh though.

2 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Quick trip to beach, out front, MoCo. Only had an hour, from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Fish turned on right after the flip, outgoing. Got 8, from micro up to 26". Lost several others. Also caught a shad, a 16 1/2 inch fluke, and got bit off by blues. Left them biting. All on a white MC 55 swimmer and a yellow and white teaser. Great white water, light SE wind, and overcast, with fog in and out. Beach is pretty much empty. A couple of bait guys.

Well maybe I need to get me my own jobu! Sounds like a great day of fishing. 

11 mins ago, adoboboy said:

Well maybe I need to get me my own jobu! Sounds like a great day of fishing. 

How many skunks a season do you produce adoboboy? We have to get you a trophy made.

12 mins ago, mike07gsxr said:

How many skunks a season do you produce adoboboy? We have to get you a trophy made.

Not that much, just went on a year and a half during my last skunkathon circa 2017 to 2019.   :p

Edited by adoboboy