Sudsy

Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

489 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Ventured out front this AM, MoCo, 1hr end of incoming tide, steady NE wind, surf churned up and plenty of white water. BT, metal, bottle plug and plastic. Was going to settle for the skunk and headed back to car and just threw out for the heck of it. Got 1 right at the lip and came unbuttoned as I got him on the sand. But the surf pushed him further up. 25” to the tape. Skunk avoided. Gonna try for the bite out back  SoMoCo later again.

52F4B0DC-B3E1-40C4-96D2-5C771331E668.jpeg

Is it just me? Or when I'm making that mental note of like "alright a few more casts.." or a set number, after hours of no action, they strike. Incoming Tuesday morning looking good.

Posted (edited) · Report post

10pm-1am last night out front Moco. Water looked good, no weeds. Hit about 6 rock piles with no luck. Threw the Ol bottle plug and some bucktails. Also been using my 10' Evo lately with these higher winds and big surf conditions have to say I'm not really a fan. 

Edited by SnoozeFishing

58 mins ago, el_tsunami said:

Is it just me? Or when I'm making that mental note of like "alright a few more casts.." or a set number, after hours of no action, they strike. Incoming Tuesday morning looking good.

INCOMING on any morning is never good! :wag:

1 hour ago, MC55 said:

Seeing the forecast last night of a reasonable NNE wind this morning I couldn't stay home.  Surf was not crazy and only slightly dirty when I started.  Took a good walk hitting some rips along the way.  Water temp was also not bad and it sure looked like there should be some action.  Tossed the plastics and nothing.  Lots of bugs around so scooped a few and sent them out.  Still no dice.  As the tide was coming in water was getting dirtier and the brown foam was starting to show along with some big timbers floating around.  Only a couple other guys out there and they had nothing to show for their efforts either.  These fish are doing a great job of hiding from me this spring.  With the NE wind calming a bit through the day, will play hide and seek again in the morning.

You might want to consider getting in on the ceremony to Jobu. Bring your own chicken.

39 mins ago, nam1969 said:

INCOMING on any morning is never good! :wag:

Gonna give it a shot anyways. I'll have a lot of free time this week, so planning on spending most of it on the water.

15 hours ago, JimK said:

Way 2 go bro!  I worked 70 hours this week hope I have some energy this weekend to get out

I hear ya Jim. 70 hrs? Yikes........

Great night the other night. Wanted to go out last night but the woman had me painting and stuff so I never made it.

Going tonight maybe. The tide is really late/early

1 hour ago, GeoffT said:

Really wish the relentless easterlies would just go away already.  

Not happening as far as the forecast shows. Looks like the post spawn season will be completely blown out. 

17 hours ago, JimK said:

Way 2 go bro!  I worked 70 hours this week hope I have some energy this weekend to get out

Damn!  I feel for ya, brother.   I had a few 75 hour weeks in April to help develop a special online platform for small businesses to apply for PPP loans.