Sudsy

Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

651 posts in this topic

Had a few decent fish in the back tonight/ this morning. Had to work hard for. Plugs. All released. My porkroll when I got home at 230 am was the best part of the night.

20200522_024826.jpg

20200518_010358.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Moco out back yesterday. Skunk. Had one decent fish on for 2 seconds on a mag darter and that was it. Water cleaning up nicely as the wind is dying down. Best part of the trip was I had my daughter with me and she took some cool pictures. 

20200522_072025.jpg

Edited by AH Perry
Edit picture

7 hours ago, mike07gsxr said:

Had a few decent fish in the back tonight/ this morning. Had to work hard for. Plugs. All released. My porkroll when I got home at 230 am was the best part of the night.

20200522_024826.jpg

20200518_010358.jpg

Where's the egg?

Fished OC this morning, small blues 2-3 lbs. was definitely an improvement. Water cleaner and air temps much improved also, maybe the fishing will pick up next couple of days, no fishing for me until Tuesday or Wednesday. Good luck!

6 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Out front, MoCo, from 7:45 to 9 am. Great looking white water, no cabbage, and water still chilly (49). Not a tap. Tried all types of plugs. No bird action, actually only one or two gulls visible. The surprising thing was that I was the only guy fishing! Not another angler in sight.

As I was finishing up, I felt a little disappointed in the results, until I realized that I should be grateful as hell. I live 5 minutes from the beach, have most of my mental and physical facilities working, which isn't bad for a 75 year old, and a supportive wife and family. I also thought back to friends of mine who didn't make it back from Nam, not as fortunate as I was. I thought about the personal struggles that I and many of my comrades have gone through since our physical return. I buried more of my fellow vets to suicide than I lost in combat. They're names are on the other side of the Wall in Washington, not visible to those who didn't know them. I thought of those who have died and are dying from the cancers and other diseases associated with the chemical "bullets" that rained from the sky. They too are on the other side of the Wall.  

Take a moment this weekend to remember those who gave the fullest measure of service and didn't come back from the Final Patrol. Also remember those on the other side of the Wall, whose numbers continue to mount. God bless them.

God bless you Sir! Thank you for your service. 

27 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Out front, MoCo, from 7:45 to 9 am. Great looking white water, no cabbage, and water still chilly (49). Not a tap. Tried all types of plugs. No bird action, actually only one or two gulls visible. The surprising thing was that I was the only guy fishing! Not another angler in sight.

As I was finishing up, I felt a little disappointed in the results, until I realized that I should be grateful as hell. I live 5 minutes from the beach, have most of my mental and physical facilities working, which isn't bad for a 75 year old, and a supportive wife and family. I also thought back to friends of mine who didn't make it back from Nam, not as fortunate as I was. I thought about the personal struggles that I and many of my comrades have gone through since our physical return. I buried more of my fellow vets to suicide than I lost in combat. They're names are on the other side of the Wall in Washington, not visible to those who didn't know them. I thought of those who have died and are dying from the cancers and other diseases associated with the chemical "bullets" that rained from the sky. They too are on the other side of the Wall.  

Take a moment this weekend to remember those who gave the fullest measure of service and didn't come back from the Final Patrol. Also remember those on the other side of the Wall, whose numbers continue to mount. God bless them.

Thank you for your service 

OC out front. Beautiful white water and impressive wind swell. Skunk. Went to a public dock bayside and saw some blues or maybe small stripers smacking on top but couldnt get a bite. 

enjoy your weekend stay safe

SoMoCo out front this AM, 45 min., middle of incoming. Great white water, no weed, but a little stained. Plastic and plugs. Skunk.

SoMoCo out back, boofish bite on the outgoing during midday. Tons of boat and yakkers. Surprised the fish were still there. Surprised no flatties. Water warmer than earlier in the week. Just happy I was able to bend a rod and have fun fights on the light tackle. White paddle tails and jigheads. Guys were also catching on metal and bone plugs.

7 hours ago, nam1969 said:

My God NAM! What a post! God Bless you and all vets. I have said many times in my life and truly believe that the price of freedom is buried in the ground.  As a non vet, my freedoms are directly attributed to the many who paid the ultimate price, for my freedom. Talk about humbling. Thank you.