Sudsy

Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

489 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, ACFishing said:

At this point if you ain't catchin, might as well give up

I’m almost ready to. Skunked in the back in Atlantic county. I just can’t seem to find them. I keep picking the wrong places. I’ll get em soon. 

Edited by BobBass

Not a tap in the back, east side of bay. Threw it all and tried chumming some grass shrimp too.

Posted (edited) · Report post

While I know I’m missing out on some great fishing out front, I’m trying to stay positive.  This season has forced me to focus on areas I would normally neglect, and I’ve found some really good bites.  Nothing as big as I could manage using my normal strategies this time of year, but fruitful nonetheless.  

Thought this was a good pic I snapped about two weeks ago, but might as well have been yesterday since I’ve got them patterned pretty well.  Would have posted in April but I was under the impression it was skunks only, so I’ve been pretty quiet :niffty:

8386CD50-590C-4CE9-BB88-F086DDD139DD.jpeg

Edited by Bluetaildragger

Out front, MoCo, from 2 to 3 pm. Beautiful white water, with heavy wave action. Water felt a little warmer. NW wind. Last hour of the incoming. Got one little guy who hit on the ratty Vision surf eel. One other bump and that was it. Not as many people on the beach as I thought there would be. I was the only one fishing. Back at it tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Still_pluggin91911 said:

One eyed willy ^^ , maybe lost it to foul hook set or treble hook. Very Unfortunate.

I’ve definitely ripped a few eyes out with trebles; Never a good feeling.  Good to see they can still thrive.  Fish was a healthy 15ish lbs, stomach looked completely full. 

Same spot for sunset. Got one on the scabelly mini. Saw another person get stuck smh. At around 7pm tons of fire n police headed towards the governors mansion with rubber boats in tow. I hope that scumbag doesnt get to stay overnight

Nothing in the big bay. Buy a boat they said, you'll catch more they said. Yoohoo water but it was 60 degrees for those curious. Ready for fluking already. That I know how to do well from a boat, basically anyone can do it lol

10 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

Nothing in the big bay. Buy a boat they said, you'll catch more they said. Yoohoo water but it was 60 degrees for those curious. Ready for fluking already. That I know how to do well from a boat, basically anyone can do it lol

What bay was 60 please? 

On 5/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, DragonsLax48 said:

My buddy helped some foreign gentlemen release 6 bass that were still flopping next to his white bucket :wag: i translated with my 4 years of high school spanish 

Two words:

No Bueno.