Sudsy

Reports Thread for May 2020

Rate this topic

489 posts in this topic

This has been a strange spring, lets hope that things start getting back to normal soon

Things are picking up again so it's time to ease up on the off-topic conversation. If you want to start a discussion, start a new thread.

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas, (cites, parks, landmarks etc).

A specific spot is too much information!

It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you did not catch fish in Ocean County but saying that you skunked at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays. 

Well as the tog season has now ended, I'd like to add that i've done quite successful on them and managed a couple of spring keepers. Hopefully the yellow eyed demons show up strong for this May's report thread!

42 mins ago, bdowning said:

So we can't post skunkings anymore? :witty:

At this point if you ain't catchin, might as well give up

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

So we can't post skunkings anymore? :witty:

Of course we can! And sunrise/sunset pics. 

Last night was exhilerating. The fishing was sub par but that wind was so powerful that i was just excited to be in the midst of some gnarly weather. A few fish on an old school bob hahn pikie helped me keep the skunk away.

Things are primed for an excellent May. Hoping for a slow warming period rather than jumping into summer.

Id like to add that I was stubborn and left the chunk rod in the truck when I knew that it was time to switch over. The water muddied up at low tide and the guys with the chunk were putting them on the bank. 

My buddy helped some foreign gentlemen release 6 bass that were still flopping next to his white bucket :wag: i translated with my 4 years of high school spanish 

Tried yesterday evening. 
made a few casts swung and missed at a fish. Got mugged by some dude. 
Got pissed and left.

Frigging ridiculous.

Eeeeels......

Posted (edited) · Report post

Outfront from  5-9am OC. Bait n lures not a tap. 

Not horrendous but way too many people galavanting and frolicking on the beach for a pandemic.

Also saw 2 people stuck in the sand.....

Edited by codyk35