MultiCast

Sad News For All Surf Fishermen

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

That sucks for you guys down there.

We’ll see how things go up here once fishing opens up again next Tuesday.

Our lowland lake open for trout was supposed to be last weekend. I hope boards of folks don’t descend on popular lakes and give the governor here as reason to shut things back down again.

I’ll be on a beach all by my lonesome next week.

SF

Ya closing all parks and beaches in Northern California because of two beaches in Southern California is like cutting off your arms because your legs hurt. But you guys keep electing people with no common sense

Yeah, it’s very heavy handed to make this a state-wide ban when the issue is 4 So. Cal. counties. Can’t wait to see what the full order looks like. Sheesh.

As I said, can’t wait to read the whole thing. Ok, maybe not the whole thing, but hear it directly from the Gov.

Orange county only..... 

Fox News - the source of highly accurate reporting (Lol). 

32 mins ago, Alferd Packer said:

As I said, can’t wait to read the whole thing. Ok, maybe not the whole thing, but hear it directly from the Gov.

Orange county only..... 

From what I am hearing he clarified in the press briefing it was a temporary closure of just the Orange county beach's and not the entire state.

Dangerous precedent we are setting with this virus.  Same thing in Rhode Island Beaches and Parks shut down for over a month now. 

But okay to go to a packed Walmart.  Ridiculous!  

On 4/30/2020 at 1:04 PM, Alferd Packer said:

Orange county only..... 

5eac99c0ac19a_ScreenShot2020-05-01at2_44_23PM.png.9ecb7912b5854fab3ad84bcac3361e93.png

1 hour ago, butcher's zombie said:

5eac99c0ac19a_ScreenShot2020-05-01at2_44_23PM.png.9ecb7912b5854fab3ad84bcac3361e93.png

Maybe Bill could improve on his sources. Maybe I shouldn’t crap on Fox. Hell, all the other news outlets reported on this guy’s original reporting. 

But besides that, the difference between the notification you thoughtfully provide above and the final order is newsworthy in and of itself. Clearly, the notification was highly provocative, but I’ve read nothing to indicate the governor’s office embracing or disavowing it. Are they just wanting to sweep that first thing under the rug and forget it? Kinda funky.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

but I’ve read nothing to indicate the governor’s office embracing or disavowing it. Are they just wanting to sweep that first thing under the rug and forget it? Kinda funky.

Yep, seems that way to me. Looks to me like Nancy Pelosi's pompous punk nephew wimped out and backed away from his statewide closure within hours after issuing it.

lol He doesn't know weather to **** or go blind.Saw this a couple of days ago out of San Diego.

The video wont post, if you want to see it : https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/memo-says-california-governor-will-order-all-beaches-closed/2315705/

CALIFORNIA

Memo Says California Governor Will Order All Beaches Closed

By Adam Beam and Stefanie Dazio • Published April 29, 2020 • Updated on April 30, 2020 at 2:07 pm

2:12

2:12/ 2:16

Expand

Gov. Gavin Newsom will order all beaches and state parks closed Friday after tens of thousands of people flocked to the seashore last weekend during a heat wave despite his stay-at-home order, according to a memo sent Wednesday evening to police chiefs around the state.

Eric Nuñez, president of the California Police Chiefs Association, said it was sent to give chiefs time to plan ahead of Newsom’s expected announcement Thursday.

A message to the governor’s office seeking comment wasn’t immediately returned...

Edited by butcher's zombie