gulino12

Boston Harbor fishing reports 2020

Rate this topic

112 posts in this topic

Got out before sunup this morning and found a few scattered pods of big fish smashing pogies in the outer harbor. Hooked into one for about a minute and it had some serious shoulders but those Docs don't stick too well...

Trolled a chartreuse Mojo rig in some fishy 50' of water and landed my biggest of the season. Took a while to revive her with the boat in gear... with the warmer weather make sure you're giving the fish you catch a chance to catch their breath before letting them go

200719 38.25%22.jpg

Busy morning in Dorchester Bay. I wanted to throw bucktails but they wanted to crush pencils. One keeper, one above slot, a few schoolies and lots of slaps in about an hour. 

8DADC3F6-3204-48CC-90CB-506389F78967.jpeg

Went out Friday 3 different spots on the south shore,fished from 7pm-1am. Went with a few guys, threw everything we had, not a tap.

Back out solo Saturday night similar areas as the night before, 8pm-1am. Tons of weed at the first spot. Few guys were throwing eels, I stuck to plugs. 0 hits. Moved to a second location, no weed water was noticeably cooler,0 hits. 

I think the high water temps and the super bright moon played a factor.

Edited by Turkeybacn