gulino12

Boston Harbor fishing reports 2020

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Seaway85 said:

That's a hog.

I was out before sunup this morning and got skunked. Tons of bunker in the inner harbor on my way out, but didn't see any bass on them. Not much life in the outer harbor where I was fishing... I tossed plugs on the edges of a few islands, trolled a mojo through some deeper water near a few humps, and did some jigging too. I don't think I saw a single bass on the chart...

Snagged a couple of bunker on my way back in later in the morning, but again nothing seemed to be around to eat it.

I definitely need to spend more time out there... I feel overwhelmed every time I get out.

Skunked as well same area, but we marked a bunch of good fish.  According to the fish finder a few over 45 and one 49.5. Deep water were hanging out mid column 40-50ft deep.

Incredibly frustrating, using eels.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:14 PM, billyrayeast said:

deadly dicks and kastmaster xl have been working pretty good for me...those little itty bitty bait fish are hard to match....I've fished the incoming tide the last couple of days at one of my spots in the harbor and had decent luck with some small(1oz)  topwater stuff in the darker colors...I saw a fish breach the surface directly in my sight line yesterday and it came out of the water 1-2 feet and if I was in Florida I would have thought tarpon...it was longish 3 feet or so with a slender body,I know it wasn't a striper......any thoughts?????

Bluefish? Big Shad? 

The schoolie bite turned on around dusk last night, were hitting the smaller striper swiper. Finished a retrieve and had one hit the lure right by my feet as I was pulling the rod tip up, scared the crap out of me. I'm going to try and fish the evening outgoing tide this week and see if I can get into some larger sizes. 

Last few mornings around the outer harbor have been good for top water including this greedy bastard. Not the greatest picture but you can see the tail of what I assume to be most of a herring in its mouth.

IMG_6676[1].JPG