Boston Harbor fishing reports 2020

Rate this topic

gulino12

22 hours ago, Turkeybacn said:

Bone pencil has been super productive. I'm going to resist the urge to throw a topwater my next few outings though, I'm hoping I'll catch something bigger down low. I'll still use the pencil to locate fish then switch to a bucktail or soft plastic

i find it very hard to NOT throw the pencil when theyre jumping out of the water for it every cast!  but, you may have a point. bigger fish cant get to it if all the schoolies are swiping it first.  lmk if it works.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tatumbetter said:

Haven’t been able to get macks the last couple trips out i tried boston ledge the place i normally get them and a handful of other boats were out there as well but no one caught any during 40 mins i was there. Anyone finding them

tough year for them in most places go early and keep the school under the boat using multiple rods and chum

On 6/7/2020 at 9:12 PM, tatumbetter said:

Haven’t been able to get macks the last couple trips out i tried boston ledge the place i normally get them and a handful of other boats were out there as well but no one caught any during 40 mins i was there. Anyone finding them

B bouy

Have been out every day for a week in the harbor and have not caught a thing! Have tried lures, sea worms, jigs, etc, but nothing seems to work. From what we can tell, there's such an abundance of herring this year that the stripers are getting their fill and then don't want anything to do with our fake food. Anybody else been running into this? 

I am convinced I stink at fishing lately so you arent alone. I see a lot of birds, drive over near them and unload the tackle box and get nothing to show for it. Earlier in the season a pencil popper would work but now they seem to not want to hit anything. I need a better strategy as well - I drive around looking for birds. If I don't find any I scratch my head at what to do next....