gulino12

Boston Harbor fishing reports 2020

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jason colby said:

"Much better" this year! 

In spite of these experts that work for the state and federal government that try to tell me "I'm imagining things", this is all a simple matter of "cause and effect". The cause (excessive dragging) causes the effect (less fish available for recreational anglers). This year there is far less commercial effort and the results are immediate (and fortunate for us).

To think a lot of these (government) people I have been having these "discussions" with have PHD's.... DUH!

Yup, exactly what I hoped might happen given the lack of/decreased dragging during April.  I just wasn't sure it would translate so quickly to improved results.  Things should only get better as the water warms ...     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, Northshore Bob said:

Yup, exactly what I hoped might happen given the lack of/decreased dragging during April.  I just wasn't sure it would translate so quickly to improved results.  Things should only get better as the water warms ...     

For exactly this very reason, "we" , as Massachusetts recreational fishermen, need to get the state to ban all netting in State Waters adjacent to The GOM for the months of March and April while the flounder are moving and congregating to spawn and then swim into the bays, harbors and estuaries.

Is that asking too much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IamFish said:

Launched out of Winthrop today, tons of micros between Long Island and Deer Island flats.  Founder fishing was sloooww. 

We are way behind for the bigger bass.  I see all the facebook memories coming up this week. This current NE blow will screw us out front for another week. Sucks ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Riddler said:

We are way behind for the bigger bass.  I see all the facebook memories coming up this week. This current NE blow will screw us out front for another week. Sucks ass. 

I caught a 37" inch fish on thursday there's some around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, finefish said:

I caught a 37" inch fish on thursday there's some around

I speak for myself.  There will always be something around.  Same thing with the bass crash.  There will always be something around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 mins ago, The Riddler said:

I speak for myself.  There will always be something around.  Same thing with the bass crash.  There will always be something around. 

There are definitely less big fish around than years past. Especially early in the season now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, basshunter73 said:

Been crushing the schoolies. Anyone catching any keeper size fish yet?

No such luck yet. Largest of the season was 27". Must have caught 40+ 22"-26" so far this year. Might take a trip to the ditch to try my luck down there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive caught about 100 schoolies the past 5 days. They’re loving the 6” pencil popper bone-colored. Biggest so far 27”. Early morning bite has been hot. Cant wait for a keeper-sized fish to hookup soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, saltyb92 said:

Ive caught about 100 schoolies the past 5 days. They’re loving the 6” pencil popper bone-colored. Biggest so far 27”. Early morning bite has been hot. Cant wait for a keeper-sized fish to hookup soon. 

Bone pencil has been super productive. I'm going to resist the urge to throw a topwater my next few outings though, I'm hoping I'll catch something bigger down low. I'll still use the pencil to locate fish then switch to a bucktail or soft plastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, basshunter73 said:

Been crushing the schoolies. Anyone catching any keeper size fish yet?

Belly hooked a 30". Does that count? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.