gulino12

Boston Harbor fishing reports 2020

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

I dragged myself out this morning, tide was lined up well for my spot, got my first schoolie of the season on a white bucktail with a white trailer. Didn't stick around much longer after that because of the chilly weather. 

Came up short last night but Snagged this herring, bass had them bunched up thick. Clearly this guy got pushed against some rocks before I snagged him, couldn’t get the schoolies to commit to my lures. They were keyed in on these guys hard

Released, for anyone who might think otherwise ;) 

90D5EEBA-DAEB-4E85-8097-18A03F1E1C1A.jpeg

Went out in the kayak this morning. Was planning on fishing for some flounder but it ended up being super windy and kind of sketchy so paddled back and fished a river. 

switched gear and started targeting some striper. Found a school having a feast under a bridge. Whipped out a top water lure and BAM! Amazing fight - 27” fatty.  Was the only one for the day but extremely happy. 

beautiful kayaking trip and caught a fun one. Love being out on the water. Tight lines y’all. 

below is my current set up. 

A0F30DA6-DB7F-43B6-B6B5-4CC3F42CBED3.jpeg

fished the incoming tide at 6 am till noonish at 3 spots in dorchester and southie and fishing was good nothing great...I think we caught 15 fish between us but my buddy tends to hide his fish especially on the neponset(douche)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Caught 3 schoolies (21'' to 23'') in Boston Harbor on Thursday around sunset. 6inch swimbait on a white bucktail. Tried again saturday during the day with no luck. 

IMG-4605.jpg

Edited by kayaknshore

Hit the harbor yesterday.  wanted to go out and get some haddock but 4 foot seas and 25mph winds soaked us and forced us back in.  Scored 15 keeper flounder to 15" on the north side of pedocks.  only 2 shorts and tons of skates.  Used sea worms until running out.  They didnt want squid.  Clams worked a bit and caught the 2 shorts and one keeper with them.  Worms were the ticket as usual.

20200516_163958.jpg

Fished Deer Island this morning for flounder from the kayak. Got three keepers, one borderline keeper that went back, and four or five shorts. All on seaworms.

Got two schoolies Saturday and and one yesterday between 18-22", all three on a white bucktail with Fat Cow eel tail in the same spot.

When things died down on Saturday, I went over to Castle Island and watched some birds move bait fish around the harbor but the bastards never pushed them in close enough to put them within casting distance.

5ec29f63eed4f_IMG_63821.JPG.56c25a49d528bdfe9c2de4d3bd9a3568.JPG

Yesterday was "easy limits" of flounder. I tried a few spots, all produced well with fish up to "Monsta Size"!

"Bird" was not hungry but he stopped by to say hello for a few minutes.

051820jimmonsta.JPG

1 min ago, jason colby said:

Yesterday was "easy limits" of flounder. I tried a few spots, all produced well with fish up to "Monsta Size"!

"Bird" was not hungry but he stopped by to say hello for a few minutes.

051820jimmonsta.JPG

Great fish!   Have you found the flounder fishing better this spring compared to the last couple of seasons?  I have done much better so far this May than last.  

4 mins ago, Northshore Bob said:

Great fish!   Have you found the flounder fishing better this spring compared to the last couple of seasons?  I have done much better so far this May than last.  

"Much better" this year! 

In spite of these experts that work for the state and federal government that try to tell me "I'm imagining things", this is all a simple matter of "cause and effect". The cause (excessive dragging) causes the effect (less fish available for recreational anglers). This year there is far less commercial effort and the results are immediate (and fortunate for us).

To think a lot of these (government) people I have been having these "discussions" with have PHD's.... DUH!