Boston Harbor fishing reports 2020

Rate this topic

gulino12

Let’s get it going all, already seeing some 2020 activity in the 19 thread!

Went out tonight to a well known spot to test out my new (BST ;) ) bail less reel and get the hang of it. Ended up getting into a little guy and dropping him at the Base of the pier when I gave him some slack accidentally- oh well easy release! Head shakes got me in the zone again!!!

1 hour ago, saltyb92 said:

Stripers are in Boston Harbor in numbers now.  Got a handful of schoolies this weekend around Boston; biggest was 23" on Saturday (in pic), more smaller schoolies 12-16" range on Sunday at same spot.  Everything on weighted soft plastic shads. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.21.08 AM.png

What weight on those shads?

8 mins ago, joe0306 said:

What weight on those shads?

3/4oz just to punch thru wind.  Felt like I would have got more hits w/ a lighter 3/8oz and more finesse, but extra weight was needed due to wind.  4-6" size shad was key; they didn't want anything bigger than 6".

8 hours ago, saltyb92 said:

Stripers are in Boston Harbor in numbers now.  Got a handful of schoolies this weekend around Boston; biggest was 23" on Saturday (in pic), more smaller schoolies 12-16" range on Sunday at same spot.  Everything on weighted soft plastic shads. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.21.08 AM.png

Any sea lice on them? Or are they holdovers

Had a few this morning by a local dam, same as above- they don’t want anything over 6”. Took me a while to crack that code. Saw lots of 5” herring get pushed up right to the shore line so I dropped to my small 3/8 oz Shad and it was lights out till I had to go to work this morning

Edited by gulino12
Typo