Southcoastphil

Kudos to Bears Den!

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Had to post a shout out of thanks to Scott for his help and timely shipment.

I called the shop on Saturday mid-afternoon for guidance re thread for tying BTs, flags, dressed siwash hooks and teasers.  He was kind enough to spend time answering all of my questions on thread and bobbins.  I placed my order online late Saturday afternoon and it arrived on Tuesday.  That's darned good in my book, especially considering free shipping (on orders over $30)!

(BTW, if you don't see a specific size/color/etc.on his website, it pays to call and ask.  A certain 200d red thread wasn't on his site because he'd removed it due to low inventory, but he had some on hand, which I bought.)

Just a greatly run shop.They have gone waaaaay out of their way to help me when looking for some very special items and very special treatment.Thank You Scott and Brie.

That's great to hear! Too many times posts are about the bad experiences with a shop/store! 

I’ve ordered materials through Bears Den website which can be a little dicey. Everything has been good quality and they deliver really quickly. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Had to post a shout out of thanks to Scott for his help and timely shipment.

I called the shop on Saturday mid-afternoon for guidance re thread for tying BTs, flags, dressed siwash hooks and teasers.  He was kind enough to spend time answering all of my questions on thread and bobbins.  I placed my order online late Saturday afternoon and it arrived on Tuesday.  That's darned good in my book, especially considering free shipping (on orders over $30)!

(BTW, if you don't see a specific size/color/etc.on his website, it pays to call and ask.  A certain 200d red thread wasn't on his site because he'd removed it due to low inventory, but he had some on hand, which I bought.)

Scott Weasels is one of my best friends in the industry. Salt of the Earth great guy. He does it right over there at the BearsDen also. The place is a freaking emporium.

I've probably placed more than 50 orders online with them and never once had even a slight issue. In fact, they are stupendous. 

Edited by CaryGreene

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

Too many times posts are about the bad experiences with a shop/store! 

Agreed.  

IMO, unique service should be acknowledged, both to show appreciation for it and to provide another piece of information for those folks who are making purchasing decisions.  

Although this was only my second experience with BD (first was 10 years ago, retail, and I went in knowing exactly what I wanted for my upcoming bonefish trip, all of which they had), I'll buy from them again without a moment's hesitation.

14 hours ago, Cpalms said:

Loves those guys. Tackle Direct should takes some lessons from Bears Den. 

right...? TD does have stuff BD doesn't though,like some really cool hooks.

Scott rules,long live the Den!