DoorGunner

Things not to run over with your lawn mower.

Rate this topic

96 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

e7004fd1_missingtoe.jpeg

Had a customer years ago, ripped off the big toe coming down his pull down attic steps. 
No toe Joe had to learn how to walk again. :scared:

Had a old neighbor years ago give me a snowblower because he already bought a new one, said it starts and runs awesome, but if you engage it. it stalls out

got it home and looked down the chute (Dog Nylabone jammed the auger/impeller)

crowbar and 30 seconds still runs tops

17 hours ago, Brother Brian said:

Done that .

Me too last summer. They were in a shallow depression in the middle of the lawn hidden like Vietcong guerillas. 

It sucked. 

13 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

Box turtle 

Not with the mower but I once backed up my ‘63 Pontiac onto something.  I opened the door, looked back and it exploded. 

8 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

e7004fd1_missingtoe.jpeg

That solves 10% of Red’s problem right there. 

Back when I worked, I found a "Monkey-fist" on a length of plastic rope, down at the beach. Well it snowed that winter and we were ahead of the game, as we had purchased a new snow blower, only about a 24". It started up just fine, but I only moved it two feet when it stopped. Yup, I found the monkey-fist and the length of rope, that quick even though it was under a couple inches of snow.

Peace

Hoses and rope really suck. Wire is bad. If your neighbors lawn guys come to early and bothers you just toss a few wire coat hangers in the high grass.

And RJ I know what a monkey fist is. And you definitely dont need that sucked up in your mower. :hi5: 

When my sons were teenagers they would make extra money cutting grass in our neighborhood.

They were allowed to use my mowers as long as they were careful and took care of everything.

One day my oldest son hit a metal cover on the municipal water shutoff because it was camouflaged by thick grass.

The impact of the blade on the immovable cast iron cap was so severe that the aluminum deck of the mower fractured. 
It was an old mower and didn’t owe me a thing but I had always taken good care of it and was sorry to see it go.

I was just very glad that no one got hurt.

12 hours ago, MikeMc said:

I knew it wasn't your foot, duh. lol

Didn't know you knew the foot, though. 

what kind of wierdo has pictures of their "friends" foot...

22 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

what kind of wierdo has pictures of their "friends" foot...

Friend would be a light term used when around family and heterosexuals 

15 hours ago, fishing pete said:

I hope he went after the company.

Phone company is saying it was not their cable even though it exactly matches the new retaining cable. He has before-surgery pics and they are pretty gruesome.

Back on topic, my property is pretty rugged and there are some dang rocks I smack from time to time. Three new blades went on the tractor last weekend and it took all of five minutes before I hit a rock during the first cut of the season :banghd::howdy::laugh:  You'd think the dang thing would have been shaved down by now but no, it's still there, eating tractor blades. It's way too big to dig out and it laughed at an electric jackhammer.