Things not to run over with your lawn mower.

Rate this topic

DoorGunner

7 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

Never saw it in the thick grass. What a racket and the last I saw of the shut off it hit the corner of her garden shed then took off across the road way up in the trees. Checked the blade and it looked pretty good but the mower began making a noise like there was a plastic bag wrapped around the blade then the mower began to shake and made some very strange grinding noise. Already picked out a new one that goes on sale on the 1st. 

IMG_3709.JPG.bf1df8089894218324656e3e4c2959b5.JPG

IMG_3710.JPG.28085d43b2e0cd2991f2fe68d011f167.JPG

IMG_3711.JPG.f09e2c5604a0d6c0de9e698417e08113.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG.235b2899712ad2cbb2b45ae749d8bb43.JPG

1 hour ago, fishing pete said:

Check under the deck and see if the deck is bent and touching the blade. There are baffles under it and that could be touching the blade.

What Pete said.  Hit a half buried rock  last summer and bent the deck. Put a giant pipe wrench on it and then a piece of pvc on the wrech for extra leverage and bent it back out.  That was on a 66" deck pull behind, so probably over kill for a pusher, but you get the point.  

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

I'm the king of hitting chit.  My old yard was so rooty, as much as I tried you just had to feel bad for the mower.  Add kids leaving stuff on the lawn and....

There are also, depending on brand, blade 'surrounds' under the deck that get mauled and bent out of shape.  They can account for a good amount of shake if you're getting blade contact, and you'd be surprised thinking blade contact would sound a lot different.

I'm going to guess your blade is now way out of balance too...if you didnt bend the shaft

1 hour ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Not my foot.  It's why my friend raymond cant wear flip flops.

I knew it wasn't your foot, duh. lol

Didn't know you knew the foot, though. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around.