jolly mon

Band of Brothers

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I haven't watched it in years but the other day the cable / internet crapped out so I pulled out my boxed set and binged , I'd forgotten how good it was  and I spent 4 years with the 101st and  knew our history in WWII 

Edited by jolly mon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the standard for which all other WWII content should be based upon.   

My favorite in any genre of all mini series.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be required viewing for all the whiney a** millenials so they know who gave them the freedom to be whiney a**es.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jolly mon said:

I haven't watched it in years but the other day the cable / internet crapped out so I pulled out my boxed set and binged , I'd forgotten how good it was  and I spent 4 years with the 101st and  knew our history in WWII 

Watched the entire series, again, with my sons, 2 Sunday’s ago. 
An excellent series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My absolutely favorite WWII documentary. The **** they died and bled through so snowflakes could pretend there’s 58 genders and cry about having their student loads forgiven was unbelievable. They should devote an entire semester to watching and studying that series in high school history classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all are spot on,  When I was a kid growing up in the early 60's marching as a Cub Scout in the town's Memorial Day Parade they were God's but then I didn't understand then but now I do and having been a member of the 101st I have a deep respect for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 mins ago, TimS said:

My absolutely favorite WWII documentary. The **** they died and bled through so snowflakes could pretend there’s 58 genders and cry about having their student loads forgiven was unbelievable. They should devote an entire semester to watching and studying that series in high school history classes.

I grew up a Navy brat in a Navy town. Most of the kids I grew up dads with were veterans of WWII and or Korea. Dad was a Corpsman from 42 to 65. Some of these I heard about or read about after the vets passed. Found a Unit Commendation in my dad's stuff after he passed from Yokosuka Naval Hospital during the Korean War. They treated over 5,000 casualties from the Pusan Perimeter in a 500 bed hospital in 30 days. I never heard anything about that time in his life from him.  Dad had a buddy who was 17 when he was assigned to a NCDU unit at Omaha Beach. He was the only one to survive out of 16 a direct hit from a German 88. He had another buddy who was a Corpsman at Iwo Jima who has PTSD so bad he would sit in a closet with a bottle during thunderstorms. Kid I delivered papers with was one of the surviving Bedford Boys. TimS do you think any of the snowflakes where these places are or the stories that go with them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, boskonov said:

TimS do you think any of the snowflakes where these places are or the stories that go with them? 

No, snowflakes have stories about their breakfast being served cold or not having enough steamed milk in their double frappe super duper mocha something or other.  There were no snowflakes in the 50s...60s...70s....80s...maybe not even in the 90s. They were a plague bought on by parents that wouldn’t let their kids get a skinned knee on the playground :read: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, TimS said:

No, snowflakes have stories about their breakfast being served cold or not having enough steamed milk in their double frappe super duper mocha something or other.  There were no snowflakes in the 50s...60s...70s....80s...maybe not even in the 90s. They were a plague bought on by parents that wouldn’t let their kids get a skinned knee on the playground :read: 

no winner or losers, participation trophies for all

 

and yes Band of Brothers is the military show of all time

Edited by ferret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the snowflakes watch Band of Brothers then they should watch the 1983 mini series, "Winds of War"... one of my favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.