cartopper

It's time . . .

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

to reopen Federal, State and County parks in NJ . . . we've done everything asked by our elected officials and have flattened the curve.   Better weather is coming and no reason folks should not be able to access parks and recreate.  I believe the overwhelming majority of people understand the best practices we've adopted over the last couple months and would expect them to practice safety.  Those at high risk and their families know it and need to continue to practice safety . . . our governor needs to lay out an economic restart plan and explain exactly what metrics it is based on (i.e. 'x' amount of CV-19 death daily).   

Time is now . . . this is getting ridiculous . . . I am contacting all my representatives from local to state . . . we need to start applying significant pressure otherwise this will last longer than what is reasonable.  

NJCV19Graph.jpg

Edited by TimS
link

State and county parks should never have been closed - the safest place to exercise and keep your sanity is in the hundreds of thousands of acres in the state and county parks.  And someone needs to keep a list of all the towns we don’t spend out money in this year - Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights and now Belmar. They don’t want people parking in their shore towns, anywhere on any street at any time. People need their recreation and walks...so remember these towns completely turned their backs on us when summer rolls around - spend your money this year and next in the towns that didn’t tell you to stay out when you needed a place to walk around, a lake to fish or just to be near the ocean. 

I just read an article saying it’s now illegal to park and look at the water from your car at manasquan.  
At least the liberal governor of PA is more reasonable and reopened state parks. Murphy is pretty much a Nazi.  
When this is all over I’ll bet a lot of access is lost permanently too. 

Apparently Murphy is going to release some details today in his briefing. Sounds like it will be a nothing-burger: 

On Sunday night, Murphy tweeted a logo touting “The Road Back: Restoring Economic Health through Public Health" with the promise of more details at a noon briefing in Trenton, when state officials will also detail the latest status of the outbreak that has infected 109,038 and killed 5,938 New Jersey residents.

“Our Covid response has been guided by the simple truth that public health creates economic health,” Murphy said in the tweet. “The road back will be driven by data, science, and common sense.”

Murphy has previously referred to the plan as a “broad blueprint” and warned last week that it would likely lack firm dates. Instead, the plan is expected to outline specific benchmarks including declines in cases or hospitalizations, expanded testing capacity and contact tracing that would trigger the gradual unraveling of the lockdown.

My daughter lives in Pa and just told me that yesterday she had to drive thru the New Hope/ Washington Crossing State Park area.  The streets were packed with people walking shoulder to shoulder and no one had a mask on.  Also about 90% on the tags were NJ plates.

These are the benchmarks he said we need to hit before opening any non essential businesses, schools, parks, restaurants, etc.

"Sustained Reduction" means at least 14 straight days of new cases well below the current rate.  He did not say what the magic number of new cases is, just said we are not there yet.

So we have to wait 14 days after we get "there", wherever "there" is??

This could take months. 

covid1.png

Edited by SG1

Hopefully everything this man, and the other Democrats in other states, what they've done with the Constitution, the Bill of rights, and used this virus as a means to uproot such freedoms, and force their rule, their overreach upon us, that The People, the tax payer, remembers to vote these Un-American traitors out of office! 

Ps, F Murphy, vote Republican, and vote his ass out in 2021, if he dares to run again. 

The fact is, some people are so indoctrinated in this state they literally enjoy being captive by their overlords. I can't believe the blindness of some NJ residents who cheer this man like he's some o shucks Kennedy democrat. Furthest thing from it. He's a Goldman multimillionaire who can't relate in any capacity to the working man or even the upper middle-class white collar working man. He's a different breed. I am noticing the state pushing back a bit. This weekend there were so many people out. People are tired of it. The fact that he closed places like Turkey Swamp, Huber Woods is absolutely insane. I've been on hikes at 11am on Saturday in the summertime and I'm lucky if cross paths with 2 other people. This is not me calling this virus bogus or not dangerous. It absolutely is. It should be respected and treated accordingly. But Murphy is an opportunist. He will do the following in the comings months to take advantage of the crisis. 1. Raise taxes. Cry that the state budget has been decimated, than target every middle class, upper middle class property owner in the state. 2. Catch everyone sleeping and pass pork projects and institute new "Tasks forces" based around economics and race. (see toll hikes) 3. He will use new police tracking tactics to "monitor potential infected persons. Even after the virus is gone, these will continued to be used (see Elizabeth's drone tracking). He's a con who has many residents eating the crumbs out of his hand.

Edited by joefishnj21

3 hours ago, MattieG said:

Hopefully everything this man, and the other Democrats in other states, what they've done with the Constitution, the Bill of rights, and used this virus as a means to uproot such freedoms, and force their rule, their overreach upon us, that The People, the tax payer, remembers to vote these Un-American traitors out of office! 

Ps, F Murphy, vote Republican, and vote his ass out in 2021, if he dares to run again. 

Last I checked Trump has the same six week plan. 

Agreed, lack of common sense in closing the State Parks forcing people to crowd areas that were open and convenient. Everything could have been handled with educating and working with the people and not treating them like children. I haven't seen any park rangers at my local state park and little local police presence. Murphy apparently sat on his hands and didn't open the parks today, won't belong people say screw it and go rebel. 

25 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

Trump says he is the one that says when things open. 

You need to catch-up . . . he deferred to the governors a week or so ago.  

1 hour ago, squidder 329 said:

Agreed, lack of common sense in closing the State Parks forcing people to crowd areas that were open and convenient. Everything could have been handled with educating and working with the people and not treating them like children. I haven't seen any park rangers at my local state park and little local police presence. Murphy apparently sat on his hands and didn't open the parks today, won't belong people say screw it and go rebel. 

Correct, all it does is displace people to other areas, creating crowds there instead. In Mass, they at least kept the inland state parks open and only closed parking lots (but not beaches) on the ocean state parks. They also left it up to the individual towns how to handle their own town parks. Some towns closed them, many others did not. 

8 hours ago, TimS said:

State and county parks should never have been closed - the safest place to exercise and keep your sanity is in the hundreds of thousands of acres in the state and county parks.  And someone needs to keep a list of all the towns we don’t spend out money in this year - Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights and now Belmar. They don’t want people parking in their shore towns, anywhere on any street at any time. People need their recreation and walks...so remember these towns completely turned their backs on us when summer rolls around - spend your money this year and next in the towns that didn’t tell you to stay out when you needed a place to walk around, a lake to fish or just to be near the ocean. 

I couldnt agree more....It just doesn't make any sense. The no parking signs say State of Emergency.......I didnt know a S.O.E was declared?

Its so stupid......

Edited by Eeeeels

maybe this is naive, but id like to see a couple hundred fisherman roll up to IBSP at the same time, move the barricades and just drive in. they cant arrest all of us?