Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob fishhead Sproul

Who here DOES NOT know someone?

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

Do you know someone who has had Covid-19?

I'm not talking about someone you read about in the news, I mean someone you work with, grew up with, friend of the family, or someone in your family.

I'm thinking there are very few these days who does not know someone, if not multiple people.

I know people who have had it, and fortunately none who have died from it.

How about you?

Had an old friend die last week, diabetes and couldn't quit drinking, imagine they will call it Covid.

Got to keep the numbers up.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know of three families that got it and one of our neighbors. 

They got the virus when they traveled to Europe during the Holidays or they got it from family friends from Europe that visited during December. They said they got very high fevers, their throats were on fire, some had stomach issues and they all got dry coughs and and were treated for viral pneumonia. The sickest ones were given steroids and antibiotics by their doctors to help them recover.

Ironically the State of Maryland says we have no Wuhan in our zip code even though my wife and I know of a number of folks that had it.

I am sure the government numbers are way off, and I mean way off.

Edited by Jay Blair

I had all the symptoms in Late January but was never tested.  Temp went up to 102.9 and had the cough after that hung on for close to 3 weeks.

I know of no official Chinese Flu diagnosis among family and friends. A couple of bad colds early in the year, but no positive test results. 

2 hours ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

I'm not talking about someone you read about in the news, I mean someone you work with, grew up with, friend of the family, or someone in your family.

I'm thinking there are very few these days who does not know someone, if not multiple people.

How about you?

Nope.  Nobody

How about you?

Where I live in northern Maine theres no virus to speak of, there was 2 cases from CT that came up but they were shipped south.

My friend in Boston says his dad is in a nursing home and has it now. I've met him so I'd have to say I know someone with the virus. He's 500 miles away.

How about you?

Lots.  Many.  All recovered.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

:wave:

Not one person I know or even casually associate with has had it...........at least to the point that they have/had symptoms and/or were tested positive for it.

Edited by Steve in Mass