JohnP

However bad things are for most other rich democracies, it is hard not to feel sorry for Americans

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

You short-dicked commies have been trying this stuff for years and you think you’d have given it a rest by now. The last time there was a big tear fest it was supposed to end with all you fairies nancing off to Canada. I’m no psychic, but ima guess you jelly-spined cry babies are still this side of the border. If I ever get to a point where I do nothing but cry about how bad I have it in the best nation in the world, please put a bullet in my head and just toss me in a hole somewhere.  

46 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

You short-dicked commies have been trying this stuff for years and you think you’d have given it a rest by now. The last time there was a big tear fest it was supposed to end with all you fairies nancing off to Canada. I’m no psychic, but ima guess you jelly-spined cry babies are still this side of the border. If I ever get to a point where I do nothing but cry about how bad I have it in the best nation in the world, please put a bullet in my head and just toss me in a hole somewhere.  

nancing- such a perfect word for the pelosians.

And good commentary.

These that countries cheer the downfall of the US, who are they going to run to for help when their hind parts are on fire?

They better be careful for what they wish, and cheer, for.

The Failing Irish Times?

FAKE NEWS

ever since 1845 I've preferred countries that don't lose to famines....

3 hours ago, JohnP said:

that must be it, the US is better at counting the dead 

regarding the melting pot, maybe we made a big mistake letting the Italians in...

didn't they have the big virus problem? Yeah Italy. Maybe we should go ahead and deport them all anyway just so they don’t do it again. Lol 

If what you are implying is that we  should believe the number of casualties reported in other countries such as, oh lets say China, so you could push the narrative that we have the most fatalities of any other country in the world, and somehow that's a result of how President Trump attempted to deal with something as uncontrollable as the spread of this virus, you are only proving that any sense of rationale you may have is totally obscured by your hatred of our President. As far as getting into a pissing contest with you over this or any other topic, I've read enough of your posts over the last four years to know I have better things to do with my time. BTW, are you native American?

Trump wasn't "inserted" anywhere...that's how you know the rest is pure political objection to everything Drumpf and why you agree with the authors >opinion< 

5 hours ago, KnewBee said:

yes, a pity

"...Trump embodies and enacts this mindset, but he did not invent it. The US response to the coronavirus crisis has been paralysed by a contradiction that the Republicans have inserted into the heart of US democracy. On the one hand, they want to control all the levers of governmental power. On the other they have created a popular base by playing on the notion that government is innately evil and must not be trusted.

The contradiction was made manifest in two of Trump’s statements on the pandemic: on the one hand that he has “total authority”, and on the other that “I don’t take responsibility at all”. Caught between authoritarian and anarchic impulses, he is incapable of coherence..."

The bolded is spot on.    

48 mins ago, nalu22 said:

Trump wasn't "inserted" anywhere...that's how you know the rest is pure political objection to everything Drumpf and why you agree with the authors >opinion< 

"...The contradiction was made manifest in two of Trump’s statements on the pandemic: on the one hand that he has “total authority”, and on the other that “I don’t take responsibility at all”."

Hard not to "agree" with this statement that is blatantly "contradictory"  

Trump's words (the best!) always come back to haunt him.  The lying press is so devious!