bob_G

How's your grocery shopping going?

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rst3 said:

Good idea.

Also, that time of day is almost certainly when potentially "contaminated" items in the store(CC keypads, grocery cart handles, etc) have the lowest viral load, after sitting all night. 

Even though the virus can :airquote:"technically":airquote: remain 'alive' on various surfaces for a couple days.. the half-life of a deposited dose is roughly 8 hours. So after a night just sitting there.. anything left over from the day before will be half dead. At the very least. And initial dose size makes a very real difference as far as how sick one might get, or, if they even get sick at all(dose doesn't meet minimum size to take hold in body and cause infection)

So strap on your face bra, don your gloves, and top off your pocket sanitizer.

Screenshot_20200501-192929_Chrome.jpg.4b69accde9f06646377be1975a14604d.jpg

Shop safe Mike 

Looks like a B cup. Just add a HEPA filter

16 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

If it's anything like around here, go on a Tuesday or Wednesday. For some reason people still think Fridays, Sat, and Sundays are shopping days. 

Also nearer to the store's closing time is usually much less busy.  

I have found that more than the day of the week, the weather plays a bigger role on crowds, Rainy days are much less crowded than a day like today and tomorrow will be.

Wifey went to our local Shaws the other day and said it was pretty easy shopping. There was someone at the door turning those away that weren't wearing masks, and the aisles are all one way. In and out in 20 minutes but there was still a good deal of stuff she couldn't find, which was a bummer. 

13 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

senior hours is a good time to go, maybe not on Sat.

I shopped the Cambridge St. WF at the 7 AM senior hour today...….out in 20 minutes.....max maybe 10-12 senior shoppers......2 cashiers.....no other shopper in line at the cashiers when I approached or when I left the store.....everyone in the store wore masks except one elderly woman shopper......she is a well known local, 70-75 maybe, never wears a face covering or gloves......naturally, other shoppers give her wide berth......will be interesting to see if the WF kid guarding the door stops her next Wednesday when face coverings will be required......my guess is they will let her in.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 1:47 PM, bob_G said:

My wife placed another huge order this AM to Fairway Beef in Worc. Second one in a week. With the food shortages being forecast we're not taking chances. They called an hour ago saying our order is ready. I'll have trouble fitting this in the SUV lol.

Fri another Walmart  order, juices, breads, cheese canned goods. After Friday we'll be ready to go into June.

You lucked out.

Fairway & Derricos are not offering the packages any longer.

We are trying to find some good chicken in the city.

1 min ago, WorcBoy said:

You lucked out.

Fairway & Derricos are not offering the packages any longer.

We are trying to find some good chicken in the city.

WB,

We didn't buy any of their packages. We just placed large orders of meat we normally eat.

BTW, Fairway has excellent chicken. Both whole and parts. We bought a box of their whole 3lb fryers, 20lbs of boneless, skinless breasts, and an equal amount of thighs. Those 3lb fryers are a superior product, roasted whole in the oven or spatchcocked on the grill.