bob_G

How's your grocery shopping going?

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

We thought we cracked the code using Walmart and BJ's. But they've dropped the ball. Not really their fault, they're simply overwhelmed. 

We had to go onto Plan b.  As meat processors continue to close, I don't see it getting better.

The good news? I can shop with the whole store to myself.

The bad news? After that I get to spend the next 10-12 hours with the shopping public.  

1 min ago, bob_G said:

We thought we cracked the code using Walmart and BJ's. But they've dropped the ball. Not really their fault, they're simply overwhelmed. 

We had to go onto Plan b.  As meat processors continue to close, I don't see it getting better.

We’ve had good luck lately.  We got a months worth of paper goods And cleaning stuff at bjs, and have the chest freezer filled with seasoned and vacuumed sealed meats (mostly pork, beef, and white meat chicken).  

with 2 kids in the house plus my wife and I, one of us still does a grocery run every week to 12 days.  But at least there’s no tp shortage anymore.

Tracy loves to do dump content.

He was being interviewed while buying sneakers and said as a kid growing up in Brooklyn someone stole his brand new Jordan sneakers out of  the public pool locker room.

He took his revenge by going back the following day after loading up on some nasty food choices and blew diarrhea in the pool.   

It was one of those incredibly hot summer months in NYC at the time and they shut the pool down for a week.    

Back to the OP's grocery shopping.

Two or three days ago while shopping in Wally World......

First zero flour in the store.

Second there was some really hot women wearing masks and yoga pants.

Not a bad combination if you ask me.....cuts the foreplay out!

My Shaws has awesome staff, but the whole freezer isle is wiped out. Eggs are a totally different supplier (no longer lucerne) that doesnt make sense, and the price is raised about 50 cents. I dont understand how some stores are 100% on goods but my shaws is wiped out of loads of stuff still.

6 mins ago, FEW3 said:

My Shaws has awesome staff, but the whole freezer isle is wiped out. Eggs are a totally different supplier (no longer lucerne) that doesnt make sense, and the price is raised about 50 cents. I dont understand how some stores are 100% on goods but my shaws is wiped out of loads of stuff still.

BJ's does home delivery for $15. The grocery picker actually texts you while he's picking your order.  He was sending us photos of the store, and all the selves were bare. We loaded up on things like bread, juices and whatever fruit there was. But actual meal items were gone.

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

BJ's does home delivery for $15. The grocery picker actually texts you while he's picking your order.  He was sending us photos of the store, and all the selves were bare. We loaded up on things like bread, juices and whatever fruit there was. But actual meal items were gone.

15$ ? Thats awesome. I thought it would be more than that. How much was wally world?

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Why bother with Wally World or BJs, Market Basket or Stop and Shop are a lot closer with better quality, you have to drive by Mezzellies to get to Wally or S&S or what about Gray Gables Market, within walking distance...…………..

5 mins ago, bob_G said:

Isn’t their delivery through Instacart? The delivery fees go to Instacart and the shopper. 

1 min ago, b-ware said:

Why bother with Wally World or BJs, Market Basket or Stop and Shop are a lot closer with better quality, you have to drive by Mezzellies to get to Wally or S&S or what about Gray Gables Market, within walking distance...…………..

Bernie, 

The idea is to not enter a grocery store. Grocery stores have been identified as a major transmission area. If we can't get them delivered to our home, or placed in our car, it ain't gonna happen. 

4 mins ago, FEW3 said:

15$ ? Thats awesome. I thought it would be more than that. How much was wally world?

Walmart has a curbside deal. Place your order online, they give you a time and date, and you pick it up. 

Unfortunately their system has collapsed.  In the last week my wife has stayed up till midnight waiting for a time slot to order. Both times she placed an order, and both times after waiting a week, our order was cancelled within a hour of our scheduled pickup. Our next available time is next Thursday at 7am.