ksong

Black Hole USA rods review

Rate this topic

1,242 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

47 mins ago, levari said:

Was that a design issue or production issue?

We don't know yet.

I used the light 10' Black Hole Suzuki rod to release about 30 yellowtail.  It doesn't make sense the thicker and stronger rods got broken while casting. 

Edited by ksong

On 9/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, ksong said:

I am in Korea.  We got the delivery of 9'6" Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods and blanks. 

When I used the rods for yellowtail popping in Korea I broke the rod while casting.

That is no excuse. And I requested the Company to return all rods and blanks.  

They agreed to accept the returns, but we have to pay half.  It is a lot of money for teturning 200 rods and 200 blanks, but I want to introduce quality rods no matter what.   

Damnit.

That was one model I had an eye on....

I went fishing on a party boat in Korea yesterday,

The targeted fish is meenur (similar to red fish). Meenur is very popular in Korrea for sashimi and they are very expensive.  25 - 30 lb meenur cost over $600.

It was very pleasant trip.  Mates worked hard. They take care of fish caught by putting them in live tanks by giving numbers of anglers.  They serve breakfast and lunch with free coffee and ice tea. No body give tip to them as there is no tip system in Korea.

I experimented prototype 7' rods for them and I am extremely happy with the result.

The main target of the light 7' rods are speckled trout, redfish, snook, abie or fluke.

20220908_100244.jpg

20220908_110126.jpg

20220908_115908.jpg

20220908_131437.jpg

20220908_145607.jpg

Posted (edited)

My customer (and he has become a friend) caught this 161cm / 100lb Kob (Mulloway in Australia) today on his new 12' East Coast Special.

3oz jig head with 6" paddle tail,

Rod was a retirment present to himself.

He says it has good mojo.

Anthony Bradley 100lb Kob.jpeg

Edited by ZAFisher

Kil, beautiful fish. It seems to resemble a white sea bass. Sounds like a nice trip. Boat looks railed in close proximity of other boats. I’m assuming your fishing s piece of structure?

ZA, 200lber… impressive & yes it does seem to have sone mojo.

Kil and friends,

moving to SoCal  from Mid-Atlantic Atlantic. I’ve been fishing a Suzuki II 8’6” UL paired w/ a VR 75 w/ 10lb J Braid x8 Grand. Casts, balances & works Lucky Craft Flash Minnow 110 jerkbait, swim bait & drop shot very well. Nice SoCal plugging set up. My heavier SoCal set up is 10’ Suzuki w/ VS 100. Also nice combo.

Once settled in and I figure out boat situation, I look forward to fishing my Challenger Banks.

Best Regards,

JD

I went albie fishing on my friend's boat in RI this morning  and I got my first albie this year.

It was super fun day

9' Black Hole Suzuki II Ultra Light rod

IRT 200 reel

White Albie Snax used

albie1.jpg

albie2.jpg

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I went albie fishing on my friend's boat in RI this morning  and I got my first albie this year.

It was super fun day

9' Black Hole Suzuki II Ultra Light rod

IRT 200 reel

White Albie Snax used

albie1.jpg

albie2.jpg

Kil, have you ever eaten an albie?