Black Hole USA rods review

Rate this topic

ksong

18 hours ago, hunter123 said:

Where are they made. Are they chinease also?

They are made in Korea mostly. We introduced rods made in China recently and they are well made and become popular. The prices reflect the Chinese products. They are in $200'.

The Chinese products are designed, supervised and controlled by  Korean Company..

Edited by ksong

Yes good luck Kilsong. I love reading about your adventures. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious. Especially the Icy Bay Halibut trip.

Nothing big or impressive, but both new species for me. Calico & Sand bass in SoCal surf tossing Lucky Crafts on the Suzuki UL2. Both still swimming. Got nice distance on a light lure that's not know for distance. Going fluking w/ in in a week or so. I'll have the 10' Suzuki w/ me incase hard tails show and I have to launch a light jig past the bar.

Love my 2 Suzukis and my Challenegr Bank Black Hole rods!

Thanks Kilsong!

JD

IMG_0988.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

3 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Yes good luck Kilsong. I love reading about your adventures. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious. Especially the Icy Bay Halibut trip.

Nothing big or impressive, but both new species for me. Calico & Sand bass in SoCal surf tossing Lucky Crafts on the Suzuki UL2. Both still swimming. Got nice distance on a light lure that's not know for distance. Going fluking w/ in in a week or so. I'll have the 10' Suzuki w/ me incase hard tails show and I have to launch a light jig past the bar.

Love my 2 Suzukis and my Challenegr Bank Black Hole rods!

Thanks Kilsong!

JD

IMG_0988.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

Try the Suzuki II Ultra Light rod for halibut from the shore in California.

I will test all 8', 8'6", 9' and 9'6" Suzuki II Ultra Light rods for coho salmon for 5 days.

5 hours ago, ksong said:

I will test all 8', 8'6", 9' and 9'6" Suzuki II Ultra Light rods for coho salmon for 5 days.

Thanks Kilsong.

Actually, CA halibut was the target species. The “bass” were by-catch.
Looking forward to seeing your reports & pics!

Tight lines!

JD

Kil - Question on Suzuki 10’ vs Suzuki II 9’6” UL. 

I am a happy owner of first generation 10’ Suzuki Special using it from the beach of snook, mackerel, etc. Candidly, I don’t love the factory guides finding their ring size a bit small of my FG knot. But that’s my only complaint. 

I want to build a similar rod from a blank and trying to decide on same blank, the Suzuki 10’ or try the new 9’6” UL blank. The intent is a very light build with reel seat and a light butt grip, no other grips, just winding checks, around the seat (Fuji DNPS). The reel will be a Penn Slammer 3 4500 with 15-20# braid.  

Can you discuss the difference in action and power between these two blanks? Based on specs, the shorter blanks appears slightly lighter and might have a smaller diameter tip section. And the low end rating on the UL is 3/8 compared to 1/2oz on the 10’. 

But how do they each fish? Or, more accurately, how does the 9.5’ fish compared to the 10’ which I know well? If the potential for 10# or heavier fish is real, is the UL blank too light? 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:38 AM, ksong said:

ksong. thx for all the photos, reviews , and great products- since you have all on hand would you say with a one oz metal you get a lot or just a bit more distance with the 9'6 over the 8ft.  I really prefer an 8ft for versatility on boat pier etc ...