Black Hole USA rods review

Rate this topic

ksong

KSong, would 10ft Suzuki paired with Stradic FL 5k with 20lbs braid for SP minnow, JoeBaggs Swarter, Mag Dartera and 1.5 bucktail be ideal for Stripers up to 15lbs.  I’m new to surf, West Coast NorCal and would like a light set up to cast all day.

thank you 

(*member formerly known as 'ThuanTran')

2 mins ago, IFish4Free said:

KSong, would 10ft Suzuki paired with Stradic FL 5k with 20lbs braid for SP minnow, JoeBaggs Swarter, Mag Dartera and 1.5 bucktail be ideal for Stripers up to 15lbs.  I’m new to surf, West Coast NorCal and would like a light set up to cast all day.

thank you 

Not a stradic fan but that combo would serve you well. 

9 mins ago, IFish4Free said:

thank you 

Yes. I can assure you that you never get tired after non-stop fishing all day. :)

18 hours ago, ged said:

I have owned 4 Black Hole Rods. I currently own 1, the 8’. I think the reel seat is too close to the butt. 

I owned the 10’ Suzuki and it was a nice trout rod, but really didn’t can’t SP minnows better than my Lamiglas XRA1203 and that had more balls so I sold the 10’ Suzuki. Way too light for serious surf fishing for large striped bass. 

I had and sold 2 slow pitch rods. The spiral wrapped conventional and the spinner. I liked those rods, but didn’t use them enough to justify keeping them. 

i have caught 30lb. size fish, in full current, with the Suzuki rod, when field testing....NP..:huh:..

A beach is a place where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world thats real ; A jetty is a place where a man feels, he must have a bucket full of eels.

14 hours ago, Searobin said:

I have the cape cod special surf II 10’ heavy. I actually was worried that it might be a bit too heavy or too short when I first started using it and it did take me a little while to warm up to it. I’ve only fished it for one season but I can tell you there is no other heavy jigging rod that I would switch to.

The rod is definitely overkill for schoolies and even 10/15 pound stripers but really shines throwing 3/6 oz and turning/lifting/horsing in heavy fish in fast current. Distance is also pleasantly no issue as the 5 oz jigs can still hit the ~middle of the ditch and plenty of other fish in much closer.

Earlier in Spring or Later in the Fall, I’ll be continuing to fish my 10’6” TFO, but when it’s big tides or big fish, I know which rod I’ll be taking with me as a pure big jig stick.

+1,, i agree also, go to heavy jig rod,

A beach is a place where a man can feel, he's the only soul in the world thats real ; A jetty is a place where a man feels, he must have a bucket full of eels.

19 hours ago, genavorn said:

I just build 10'6' Nano Light for 3'4-4 oz .I build it for general use  didn't use it yet, 

using a factory layout . Definitely will wright my review after use .

CanalSharpie what was your concerns while using your rod ?What didn't  satisfy you ? Just want to know your opinion since I almost bought a heavy blank for canal . 

the Heavy CC Surf II, 10 or 11ft., 3-10 are the jigging rods, the 10'6" CC Nano rod Heavy, or medium, is more of a Moderate action rod, 2-6, plugging rod, the names are yes confusing somewhat, LOL.. too much CC, in their names, maybe time..... to rename...so not to be confusing.....

Edited by lureman

12 hours ago, IFish4Free said:

thank you 

yes sir , the rod shines with 1-1.5 BT's, sp 's, NP, 1 oz. mag-darters, :th:..

Am I the only one that doesn’t love mine ? I was gifted a factory east coast special 10’6 .( I know generous gift ) and I been trying to love it but the guide layout leaves a lot to be desired , doesn’t cast well with a zee 25 and 30lbs j braid , and didn’t love it with vsb 150 with 20lbs j braid either ..  and that top foam grip I can’t get used to .. I like a thinner grip .. fit and finish is def nice and rods light weight and powerful .. maybe after I hack that foam grip off it will be more comfortable.. just my two cents 

5 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t love mine ? I was gifted a factory east coast special 10’6 .( I know generous gift ) and I been trying to love it but the guide layout leaves a lot to be desired , doesn’t cast well with a zee 25 and 30lbs j braid , and didn’t love it with vsb 150 with 20lbs j braid either ..  and that top foam grip I can’t get used to .. I like a thinner grip .. fit and finish is def nice and rods light weight and powerful .. maybe after I hack that foam grip off it will be more comfortable.. just my two cents 

Choosing rods is like choosing cars. Not all people like one particular cars.

We offer blanks for those who like to build the rods as they want.

If you like thinner grip rods, I suggest to try our Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods.

37 mins ago, ksong said:

Choosing rods is like choosing cars. Not all people like one particular cars.

We offer blanks for those who like to build the rods as they want.

If you like thinner grip rods, I suggest to try our Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods.

Yes totally agree with its very much personal preference..    I think the rods could of gained a lot moving the stripper up a touch .. like said just my 2 cents ..  

3 hours ago, lureman said:

i have caught 30lb. size fish, in full current, with the Suzuki rod, when field testing....NP..:huh:..

Yup, having caught many 30+ lb fish I know there are much better choices for big fish in heavy current. I fish the canal. The US built Lamiglas XRA are a much better tool for me. 

I understand how it could be tough for prostaff to be objective. (How could you recommend another brand?) I am nobody’s prostaff. I spend my money and give my honest opinion.

I like our prostaff.  First of all they all love our Black Hole USA rods. They are honest to give their opinion. They never tell " buy Black Hole USA rods". 

I try to be honest and objective as possible. That is why I post many video and pictures.

51 mins ago, ksong said:

I like our prostaff.  First of all they all love our Black Hole USA rods. They are honest to give their opinion. They never tell " buy Black Hole USA rods". 

I try to be honest and objective as possible. That is why I post many video and pictures.

You should like your prostaff. I wouldn’t expect anything else. 

I also expect prostaff to push the products they are associated with. It is like someone in sales. It is what it is. It doesn’t mean they are not dedicated fisherman. 

I have seen seen people jump from prostaff to prostaff “selling” something new, shiny, fancy, etc. 

You are a sponsor and you have the unique right to advertise here. I like you, and I like Butch. 

I gave honest feedback. For the fishing I do there are better tools. Your 10’ Suzuki was very good for sea trout fishing the beach in Florida. It was a joy to fish with. 

21 hours ago, ged said:

Yup, having caught many 30+ lb fish I know there are much better choices for big fish in heavy current. I fish the canal. The US built Lamiglas XRA are a much better tool for me. 

I understand how it could be tough for prostaff to be objective. (How could you recommend another brand?) I am nobody’s prostaff. I spend my money and give my honest opinion.

to start, who said i was "Pro- Staff"...i mentioned i help field test,,to be perfectly honest Gary, i don't "have", a title,other than help Mr. Kil Song, i LOVE American Made, fishing products, before such American Made rod companies closed their doors, Seeker, J Kennedy-Fisher, All-Star, Fiber-Star, just to name a few, and fish them, and i been associated, with some of these rod companies also through the years,  want me to mention, some of the other rod companies, where i seem their product break, during field testing,,,, to be Objective, YES, on BH, , i don't care, for some of the to fast- action abilities, of BH's rods, and some of the fore grips, on their rods, and i mentioned to Kil, during testing, i  think,most rod companies, offer a good product, to me, it comes down, to retail price, "bang for your buck", and i think, with BH, PRICING AND PERFORMANCE, dollar for dollar,is there, also remember BH rods, are very new to the Surf Fishing line up.....

Edited by lureman