bennie

Cats

Rate this topic

260 posts in this topic

My pet tiger needs a little friend and I'm  looking at bengal's,,,, servals and Savannah's,,,,,and advice or contacts is needed ,,,,,,,thank you my friends ,,,,,:howdy:

1257.jpeg

20181201_190625.jpg

20190909_163731.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Have 2 bengals.  They are crazy.

Act more like dogs then cats.  Got them from a breeder in Carlise pa.  Cru Bengals

Edited by Captain Ahab

I was always more of a dog person until one of the feral neighborhood cats adopted me.  He would run from everyone else but for some reason one night he came over to me.  The next evening while I was sitting on my porch he decided to jump in my lap.  About a week later we decided to take him in.

We had adopted a couple of kittens since (one died unexpectedly from a rare feline disease called FIP) but both were/are great.  My suggestion is save the money and give a homeless animal a place to live.  There are so many of them out there.  There are also rescue groups out there that specialize in specific breeds so eventually one may become available.  Good luck.

Edited by jps1010

Short hair Siamese and Oriental short hairs are so affectionate and expressive, I'd never get another breed.

5ea19cc00b07a_Sallyhootie689.jpg.9f1977a741512341751e1ce6be0e5906.jpg

We rescued brother/sister Maine coon kittens mixed with tabby, and love them!  They’re big now (about 20 lbs), but not huge like some of the pictures online.   I’ve had Maine coon mixes since I was a kid.

Edited by Fitzy

17 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Aren't the siamese talkative as all get-out?  How many wives does he need?

Yes, when you talk to them, they answer. When you cal them, they come. If you are home, they want to be with you. 

37 mins ago, Badtothebugs said:

Rescue a kitten dont be a breed snob

It isn't about being a "snob". Breeders instill the qualities you like and breed out the bits you don't. I got a rescue once. The cat only cared about scavenging food most of the time, that is, unless it was ignoring me. :shrug:

3 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

It isn't about being a "snob". Breeders instill the qualities you like and breed out the bits you don't. I got a rescue once. The cat only cared about scavenging food most of the time, that is, unless it was ignoring me. :shrug:

You gotta be better at taking home the right cat I guess. There's too many animals in shelters to be paying top dollar for inbred pets.

1 min ago, Badtothebugs said:

You gotta be better at taking home the right cat I guess. There's too many animals in shelters to be paying top dollar for inbred pets.

Would you suggest the homeless shelter to find a wife? There are 'too many' single women there too.

I paid $300 per kitten and got an extensive certified record of the blood line. Do shelters give cats away for no cost or show genetics?

6 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

Would you suggest the homeless shelter to find a wife? There are 'too many' single women there too.

I paid $300 per kitten and got an extensive certified record of the blood line. Do shelters give cats away for no cost or show genetics?

False equivalence much? When you can avoid logical fallacies we can talk.