delaware surfman

Reopening of federal parks,

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Would have been nice to be able to fish the spring run at Sandy Hook :mad:

No way does that #$#hole Murphy open it up

Agree, Delaware has no federal parks but we are not even close to opening with our Governor. Sussex County is seeing huge spike now, this is our beach community. 
At least for me I can currently drive on to fish with my surf tag in Delaware 

18 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Would have been nice to be able to fish the spring run at Sandy Hook :mad:

No way does that #$#hole Murphy open it up

Course i bought my hook/ibsp badges early this year....

DNREC just announced starting tomorrow if you are 13 yrs old or older you have to bring a face mask with you to enter a Del state park...and wear it when you “can’t maintain social distancing from others”, and you may be asked to leave if you don’t have a mask.                  Not kidding-  I just saw the news item.

8 mins ago, Beachfish said:

DNREC just announced starting tomorrow if you are 13 yrs old or older you have to bring a face mask with you to enter a Del state park...and wear it when you “can’t maintain social distancing from others”, and you may be asked to leave if you don’t have a mask.                  Not kidding-  I just saw the news item.

Thats for in state people only, right. I miss the DE beaches. 

Anyone have any info on AI-MD?

Given the state's and local areas cutting back on restrictions, with MD entering in phases of reopening, OC outdoor activities opened, and VA OSV is open... whats the delay here.  Feel like punching a wall this AM :box::banghd: :closed::bonk: :wee:

Posted (edited) · Report post

OSV on VA has been open (not sure it closed), OBX is opening up this weekend, another national park, the point is open.  just wondering whats the deal with MD. Hogan has implemented 'phase 1', would of assumed AIMD would be a part of that.

New superintendent? i haven't kept track... from the above screenshot i added, it appears they didnt have a plan ready, and are working on one.

Not saying open up the campsites and visitor center completely, but i cant see the risk of the OSV, or walk-ons.

OC beaches are also open, and where crowded last Sunday.  Have not heard of a 'spike' from that.

Ill wave and not talk to anyone on the beach, promise.... 

Edited by luckyOC

I think the air station is the hold up. All we need is wipes, sanitizer as a part of the neccessary equipment (tire gage, tow rope, board, shovel). Or portable hand washing stations could be provided. Ready to lose my mind over this. ..... 

1 min ago, cmfish said:

I think the air station is the hold up. All we need is wipes, sanitizer as a part of the neccessary equipment (tire gage, tow rope, board, shovel). Or portable hand washing stations could be provided. Ready to lose my mind over this. ..... 

Open the damn gates. Turn off the air station.  Everyone is on their own to air up. Case closed.