bassing

I Hate This Crap

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I have a early spring spot that I have been fishing for allot of years usually there is only 2 or 3 people,a very easy and productive spot, there were 13 people there within a few feet apart, i didn't even fish, you have to park in a neighborhood so people will be complaining, this spot will be closed as well. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

It is rough, folks are going to keep getting funneled to any open spots, especially if one or 2 people with a big mouth find it.  Then those spots are going to get shut down also, and this restriction of access will cause some problem spots to never be opened again, IMHO.

Chasing scant pre-run shorts is worth the spot closures to some. Way to fuel a governor that would pass more restrictions at the drop of a hat. 

46 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Chasing scant pre-run shorts is worth the spot closures to some. Way to fuel a governor that would pass more restrictions at the drop of a hat. 

…..O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!....

...yeah, right...….

I think people just want to get out.  I have rarely seen this many people fishing this early in April, usually only when it is easy fishing

two parking spot spot had eight cars the other day...blocking a drive way and two deep in front of the no parking sign. then "we" complain". 

5 hours ago, Kooky said:

I think people just want to get out.  I have rarely seen this many people fishing this early in April, usually only when it is easy fishing

Cabin fever driven, for sure. 

47 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Cuomo trolling Gina? RI surf fishermen's worst nightmare. 

20200422_070656.jpg

If that happens you can kiss our state’s finances goodbye.  Tourism is the whole key to our economy.  Without it pensions will fail, state workers will be laid off, hotels will stay closed, huge domino effect.  

There will also be armed insurrection in the streets. Even if it does happen, people will summarily ignore it.

I think people will ignore it.  If they keep parking and access clamped down, it will get messy, and will boil down to enforcement.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, DZ said:

If that happens you can kiss our state’s finances goodbye.  Tourism is the whole key to our economy.  Without it pensions will fail, state workers will be laid off, hotels will stay closed, huge domino effect.  

yup. at some point we have to accept the fact that we cant completely collapse  the economy over this.....assuming we aren't already there. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

Never seen so many people complaining about not being able to fish in chitty cold and or rain to catch pre-season shorts.  We are getting over the C19 crest now, another week or two and we'll be starting to get back to business. 

Hang in there folks.