April 2020 Skunk Only Report Thread - LI / NYC Edition

Rate this topic

fishguy62

13 mins ago, Tucker 63 said:

I'm determined enough or just plain stupid enough to try again tonight. 

Was just out for a little. I don’t even have the motivation anymore after so many skunks. No more hours put in for me! When I know where the fish are I’ll go!

18 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

If your showing at 4 the Spanish already been there bagging them up in center span for 3-4 hours already . Of course you not gonna catch any 

Going at midnight and not usually any Spanish in areas I go. No place for their buckets!

1 hour ago, CLFish5 said:

Was just out for a little. I don’t even have the motivation anymore after so many skunks. No more hours put in for me! When I know where the fish are I’ll go!

That's not how it goes, especially since you are relatively new.   Rod in hand, boot on the Ground, miles on the truck. Don't stay in one place, keep on trucking, soon or later, it will click.   Be the guy that was there yesterday, but no body know about it. Bring at the right to time at the right place, that's what matters. 

12 hours ago, hobobob said:

Don't stay in one place, keep on trucking, soon or later, it will click.   

YUP. Put 4 hours in Hudson ystrday. 6-1030pm - N of TZ. dead low to rising. Same spot. 1 cat. .... bloods and herring. #ugh. 

fished spot 3x this week.  Saw one nice fish @spot 4 days ago. 

I am 1/9?? on trip success -- looooooooozzzzeeeer.  Isn't that a song?  IM A LOOOOSER>>>BUT I STILL KEEP ON TRYIN!

My curse is that I nabbed my first striper on my first 2020 trip... instantly assumed I was pimp daddy sharpie.

Last 3 outings have been humbled by the fish gods.

Karma is for real people

I'm most comfortable roaming the beaches at night out in front, but my gut is telling me they are not in front yet  (my logs tell me the same ).

2 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

My curse is that I nabbed my first striper on my first 2020 trip... instantly assumed I was pimp daddy sharpie.

Last 3 outings have been humbled by the fish gods.

Karma is for real people

I'm most comfortable roaming the beaches at night out in front, but my gut is telling me they are not in front yet  (my logs tell me the same ).

Same. Went 3/4 my first 3 trips. Nabbed my PB on trip #2. Thought it just be like that lol. I’ve struck out 8 or 9 times now in a row. I’m taking some time off

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 9:14 AM, baldadonis2002 said:

AGGRESSIVELY worked GIB this morning from 4am - 8am to catch the incoming.

Had 1 clam soaker rod and 1 plugola rod ... not a nibble on either and I didn't stay put either.

8am at high Gannets working hard on other side for a good hour,  saw 2 sharpies walk through tick central  however I did not see them hook up.

Think I am about done with GIB,  its overrated 

Add a skunk notch to the belt.

you ever walk a little east of there...

Out last two nights with a few schoolies to show for it. Bone sp minnow was the ticket once the bunker showed up. Had a more consistent bite in April and have nothing to show but 20-24" fish for the last week or two. Excited for the bigger fish to move in on the NS but don't know when that will be or for how long.