CLFish5

April 2020 Skunk Only Report Thread - LI / NYC Edition

Rate this topic

519 posts in this topic

Millennial these days have some balls. Just no brains. Tide is coming in, Blowing hard south east on a south facing jetty.  One of the most treacherous jetty in NY.  He decided to risk his life to film the sundown at the tip.  In shorts and sneakers.  Newest smartphone in one hand, no pockets. lol. Slipping and sliding on every rock. Give me an attitude when I tried to warn him a couple of time and tell him where to step to get back in. Should have kept it to myself and watch the news later.   Gators has left the building.  Only cocktails remained.  My blue hunting days are over this year, back to ninja mode. 

1 hour ago, CWitek said:

No quality--3 to 5 pound rats-but it's funny that I keep catching them while looking for other things.

Inside on the South Shore.

Painful to read... I've been banging away on the inside SS and no joy EVER!.

Wish I had your problems :banghd:

I officially suk

I feel like recent SS blue spring runs can be defined as Two days of gator, then a week of racers, then stray cocktails through June. And none in October.

Skunk redemption, had this fish of a lifetime , released 4 more over twenty and lost count of how many teen sized fish , plus a bakers dozen jumbo blues in the mix and tons of small bass and blue mixed in aslo

79453C6B-3879-4257-A4A8-53600EBD53C0.jpeg

2 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Skunk redemption, had this fish of a lifetime , released 4 more over twenty and lost count of how many teen sized fish , plus a bakers dozen jumbo blues in the mix and tons of small bass and blue mixed in aslo

Andy your killin it out there. May have to take a ride if I get a day off on the boat.

6 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Nice job!  I need to start getting to SS.

Posted (edited) · Report post

30 mins ago, Bluefishmaster said:

Congrats Wire For Fire! How long is your fish of a lifetime?

Couldn’t tell ya inches . Didn’t measure, quick photo , lil reviving and she swam off strong . Minus the two jumbo bunker she coughed up on beach .. I’d say mid 30lbs though would be conservative.. she was heavy .. 

ive caught larger , but open beach mid day , it’s up there in my top 2-3 for sure 

Edited by Wire For Fire

Posted (edited) · Report post

last three mornings, cloudy and foggy were the key 27, 56, 16 bass landed..........the larger count day I had fish busting for three hours in the fog at the mouth of my bay without another boat out to fish it................ took off from fishing today was so tired from work and fishing sleeping 2 and a half hours a day, with the conditions I am regretting it right now...........

Edited by Flybyme

12 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

The fish gods smile down on you for letting her swim away to fight another day.... nicely done.

Was it a weight SP or floating?

Catch 'em up buddy

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

The fish gods smile down on you for letting her swim away to fight another day.... nicely done.

Was it a weight SP or floating?

Catch 'em up buddy

Thanks , it must of been the good beer a poured into the water for my long time fishing buddy who’s up there watching over me .. 

but floating 15 that fish hit , after I seen it cough up two bunkers I went for larger sp and they were killing it 

Great job buddy.. and now I see your face shot head on, I'm thinking .. DAMN I have passed you on the open beach in the past ( not during the Spring )... but the Fall yes.

Tight Lines!