CLFish5

April 2020 Skunk Only Report Thread - LI / NYC Edition

Rate this topic

248 posts in this topic

Fished 9-2:30 last night, 1 fish. Saw a lot of bunker on the tail end of the flood tide,  they all but disappeared on the ebb.  Flat glass, foggy, light breeze, seemed like it would be fishy, but no joy. 

37 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

if you’re wearing a Wuhan mask to fish eastern Long Island... you’re in the wrong Fn neighborhood. 

Believe it or not the park rangers and dec both were breaking people balls they had no masks .. and vigorously checking registry and catches .. I welcome it . And if I gotta throw a buff on to fish no big deal . Day time I’m normally covered up anyways .. skin cancers worse then mr chin flu 

Finally got my everlasting skunk off.

Seems like all the good action is during the dark, I just got lucky after sunrise.

Schoolies are super fat at least where I was fishing, and had a monster blue cut me off like 5 secs into the “fight”.

Still fun!

5 hours ago, gimbap1707 said:

Has anyone been to the south shore beaches recently? I heard things were a mess a few days ago; wanted to chunk the ocean but considering a new plan now.

Actions been really hot and Ive been crushing for the first time in a month or so but I am taking the weekend off. I hate the crowds and all the bait chucking bucket brigades everywhere. Keeping the wife and kids happy this weekend and hitting the salt hard again come monday night

Edited by CLFish5