CLFish5

April 2020 Skunk Only Report Thread - LI / NYC Edition

Rate this topic

519 posts in this topic

Any luck?

Wind was a killer too.

This morning at sunrise standing in knee deep water in the surf , I fumble fingered my absolute favorite storm wildeye shad and it was swept away instantly.

Big deal, just a storm shad can buy tons of 'em.... this one had good juju for 2 seasons and now.... GONE :banghd:

2 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Wire- did you fish the beach?

I ask because it was unfishable for me and I could never imagine getting a pencil out there

Yes .. and mag darter seems not grab as mung as a sp imo 

44 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Any luck?

Wind was a killer too.

This morning at sunrise standing in knee deep water in the surf , I fumble fingered my absolute favorite storm wildeye shad and it was swept away instantly.

Big deal, just a storm shad can buy tons of 'em.... this one had good juju for 2 seasons and now.... GONE :banghd:

SS western bay. Wind was good against the back and water was calm. But nothing after casting for 1.5 hours with another fellow.

2 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Yes .. and mag darter seems not grab as mung as a sp imo 

I know you know the sp diggs a lil deeper.

I'm gonna start chunkin next month.

32 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

I know you know the sp diggs a lil deeper.

I'm gonna start chunkin next month.

Yea and the lip does a great job grabbing Mung .. the back spots I been fishing is pretty filthy with it most the time . Mag darters been doing it 

6 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Yea and the lip does a great job grabbing Mung .. the back spots I been fishing is pretty filthy with it most the time . Mag darters been doing it 

Funny face Mag good for losing mung lol.

To shake the skunk, I took out the yak on the NS. Drop the only fish of the day as I bring it around. I’ve yet to see any gorillas 

On 5/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, baldadonis2002 said:

Think the blues moving in moves the Stripers out?

I don’t think so, I was catching 8-15lb gators while catching 28-32 inch bass.. all in the same spot. 

Few years ago had gorillas weakies and jumbo bass in cedar cove. The weaks were hiding under the dock from the blues that were feeding on bunker. Hooked a big blue worked him up to the floating dock and dam there was an est 30lb bass following him waiting for the bunker head to drop. 

Off the pink hotel one day it was non stop gorillas and we'd snag a bunker hook up a blue and watch other blues try to rip the bunker out of the hooked blues mouth. 

Brutal they are.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

Brutal they are.

We were in thick from a boat with gorillas off of Centre Island, NS. My son (8 years old at the time) was bottom fishing with his Zebco 33 and hooked into a small cocktail. We were hammering big blues with bucktails and hanging on to our gear. As my son is getting the cocktail to the side of the boat WHAM! 

Big blue bites the cocktail in half. Very cool and we got it on video. 

Edited by Nite_Bite_00