CLFish5

April 2020 Skunk Only Report Thread - LI / NYC Edition

Rate this topic

519 posts in this topic

Went digging for sand worms so I could go porgy fishing on the north shore. No porgies just smaller schoolies. Spoke to a old timer who passed us and he told me Yesterday he was catching bass in Jamaica bay by livelining bunker in a boat.

2 hours ago, gimbap1707 said:

Robert Moses has been dead for weeks,

Has been dead for years not weeks.

No fish there, never was and never will.

Had 8 this morning mouth of sound from 0400 to 0700 , missed another 7 on fly , had another over 20 which I lost trying to net the fish. Bite died just after sun rise.

30 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Think the blues moving in moves the Stripers out?

Years past some cows were on their tails taking chunks. More big girls would show from june to july.

Long long long marathon night last night , back bay = dead,  got to bass spot inlet = overrun with weed and cocktail blues, after about 3 soft plastics the caffeine kicked in and I realized DUH switch to an SP ... bite came and went in about 30 mins. Decided to try out in front due to NE wind... surf was nutz, birds working though, could not work anything with confidence getting eaten by waves and tossed 50 yards up the beach.

Some would say perfect striper water... too hectic for my blood... packed it in.

Cocktails Blue.jpg

Surf.jpg

29 mins ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Long long long marathon night last night , back bay = dead,  got to bass spot inlet = overrun with weed and cocktail blues, after about 3 soft plastics the caffeine kicked in and I realized DUH switch to an SP ... bite came and went in about 30 mins. Decided to try out in front due to NE wind... surf was nutz, birds working though, could not work anything with confidence getting eaten by waves and tossed 50 yards up the beach.

Some would say perfect striper water... too hectic for my blood... packed it in.

Cocktails Blue.jpg

Surf.jpg

My man! I’m 5/6 for my last 6 session. No size and no gorilla blues yet - but hey I ain’t complanin 

1 hour ago, CLFish5 said:

My man! I’m 5/6 for my last 6 session. No size and no gorilla blues yet - but hey I ain’t complanin 

Man you are ruining the thread!!! - Are you all back bay or out in front yet?

54 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

East wind is tough

Wire- did you fish the beach?

I ask because it was unfishable for me and I could never imagine getting a pencil out there

All back bay and one inlet trip. I hit the surf early yesterday but there was mung everywhere so I hiked it to the back and scored. I really don’t know what to use with that mung ****. It gets stuck on my clip and lure every cast sometimes

Mung or slipgut ( whatever they refer to it ) ... top water or SP minnow can help avoid it IF you have the wind in your back.

Frustrates the hell out of me and very very prevalent right now in a specific channel.