April 2020 Skunk Only Report Thread - LI / NYC Edition

Rate this topic

fishguy62

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas, (cites, parks, landmarks etc).

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

We encourage other conversations, inquires, and rants in this thread.

For example, you can say that you did not catch fish in Nassau County but saying that you skunked at Sore Thumb Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Nassau County

Suffolk County

Queens 
Brooklyn

NS

SS

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

(Forgive me if not allowed but I saw the NJ one and wanted one for LI area - naturally because I am king of the skunk)

I live in Queens so naturally I fish the east river it has been pretty mediocre so far. Only 1 fish at 24 inches so far. At south shore I had more success but I go once a week to Nassau county. I am hitting the east river today again so I hope I can catch a keeper size today. 

I could not come up with anything so...

Sorry for the late report, many blue moons ago ... 

I work in midtown Manhattan, office building Engineering Dept.... hear over the radio for porter to remove dead fish from 38th floor roof setback .........

not a bird which is common, a dead fish almost 500’ above sea level .....

long story short, it was a adult bunker, building next door has nesting falcons ....

common for birds of prey to drop their load and eat it later...

no one believed me .... then a tenant has many pics of this sort of thing happening outside her window .....

alas they succumbed you were right 

Kevin, ASC

3 hours ago, Fishing-Addict said:

5th trip resulted in a skunk for me east river is a bunch of bs. I wish I lived in nassau county so I can drive to the south shore daily.

Skunked twice last week on the East River, for me. Tough going so far this spring despite seeing a fair amount of bunker early on. 

13 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Yea was a tough weekend with cold front and wind and rain really browned up everything . Was all over the place East end north and south , brown water and skunkings 

Glad I’m not the only one.

I skunked Saturday night. Fished 3 hours, dusk-night of Incoming at a NW bay.