SPRING CLEANING! (Rod Edition)

I think it's finally time to downsize, at least for the time being, and sell some of my seldom used gear. I have a lot of nice stuff that's sitting and collecting dust. I justify holding on to most of it by telling myself I'll find a use for them "next season", and a few seasons later most of it has not left the rod rack. 

**Prices are for local meet-up (South Jersey near/around 08234), not currently looking to ship at this time.**

**Pictures to follow, I'll try to get them up within the next couple of days**

NRX Inshore 883S MR (MSRP $665) 7'4" MH Fast, 3/16-3/4 oz lure, 15-40 lb line - $370

- Used, great condition. Original guides, cork shows some wear. I used this rod mostly fluking from shore on the sod banks. Recently picked up 9'6" Dialuna for that application. And the 7'4" rod length is just a tad bit longer than I prefer for the yak.

G. Loomis GLX 844C MBR (MSRP $455) 7'0" H Fast, 1/4-1 oz lure, 12-20 lb line - $300

- Brand New, sticker still on cork handle. Versatile freshwater rod, do-all rod for everything in it rated lure range. Would make a great back bay, light tackle fluke jigging rod as well.

St Croix Legend Tournament Inshore LTIS70MLF (MSRP $300) 7'0" ML Fast, 1/8-1/2 oz lure, 6-12 lb ine - $200

- Brand New, tags removed. Came on one kayak ride, but never left the crate. This would excel throwing lighter lures in shallower water and can double as a freshwater rod. It overlaps with a couple other rods that I use more frequently so unfortunately it never leaves the house.

Dobyns Champion XP DC 685CB (MSRP $230) 6'8" MH ModFast, 1/4-1 oz, 8-17 lb line - $100

- Bought lightly used from a buddy of mine. I was intending to use this for crank baits, top waters, and other moving baits that would benefit from a more moderate taper. I realized I don't utilize those techniques enough to warrant a specific rod for that those applications. Got a good deal on it from him so I'm passing along the savings.

Phenix Feather FTX 73XH (MSRP $170) 7'3 XH Extra Fast, 1/2-3 oz, 15-35 lb line - $90

- Like new condition. I bought this a couple seasons ago to fish jigs while pond hopping local freshwater spots. I haven't gone freshwater fishing in a long time. Held on to it thinking maybe I can use it to jig tog, but I've learned that I prefer spinning rods for that application. Researching this rod, the consensus is that it's overrated per Phenix's ratings. 3 oz is very generous for a casting lure weight, and it is more of a "fast" action rod than the listed 'x-fast'.

Tsunami Airwave Elite TSAWESS-962M (MSRP $195) 9'6" M, 3/4-3 oz, 15-30 lb line - SOLD to SOL member with WTB thread

- This rod is used and is missing about 1" from the tip. I DIYed the tip so it doesn't look the prettiest but it is fully functional.

Edited by Wet_Dream
Sold item

I wouldn’t recommend it for traditional bottom rig toggin with a sinker unless you’re fishing pretty light, 5 oz. or so. But that’s just me guessing because I never used it for that application.

My intention for the rod was to use it for “heavier” Tog jigs, 2 oz and up, on headboat and 6 pack trips. But I realized that I rarely fish jigs that heavy. I’ll usually switch to bottom rig if I can’t hold with a 1 or 1.5 oz jig.

6 mins ago, genavorn said:

I am interested in NRX Inshore 883S MR .Would you take  $300  ? Would you able to meet somewhere on the middle I am in Brooklyn , 11235 ?

Sorry, I can’t let it go for $300. I feel that I priced the rods fairly, and am pretty firm on the current pricing. I do hope to fish the Raritan again from my kayak if the weather permits. That would be the furthest I can meet, and if we can somehow meet up during that time, I’d be willing to let it go for $350. Otherwise it would have to be picked up much closer to me.

1 hour ago, PhilCVG said:

Did you fish the Dobyns much? If so what did you think the weight range truly was? More jerkbait friendly or closer to a glass crankbait rod? 

Would you take $80? I'm close enough to the Expressway. 

Hey Phil,

I did not get to fish any of these rods much at all (aside from the NRX) so I can’t really offer much as far as actual on-water insight on the Dobyns.

Compared to a similarly rated Expride 68MH rod that I own, I would say the ratings are pretty accurate. Just a slower action. Definitely not as moderate of an action of a glass crabkbait rod though.

And I can’t budge on the price, it’s in excellent condition, barely used. If I can’t get $100 for it, I’ll probably just hold on to it for topwater and chatterbaits.

Cy

2 hours ago, tommyvaj said:

If you change your mind about shipping, I'll respectfully offer $450 pp shipped for the glx, dobyns, and Phenix . 

Thanks for the offer, not considering shipping at this time. I’ll let you know if change my mind.

3 hours ago, Wet_Dream said:

Hey Phil,

I did not get to fish any of these rods much at all (aside from the NRX) so I can’t really offer much as far as actual on-water insight on the Dobyns.

Compared to a similarly rated Expride 68MH rod that I own, I would say the ratings are pretty accurate. Just a slower action. Definitely not as moderate of an action of a glass crabkbait rod though.

And I can’t budge on the price, it’s in excellent condition, barely used. If I can’t get $100 for it, I’ll probably just hold on to it for topwater and chatterbaits.

Cy

Thank you! Probably saving me from

myself lol

I may revisit in a few days if it is still here.