hunter123

New rubber net bag

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a trout net made by Watcher, I bought the net years ago.  Net is in great shape. Problem is I want to change the nylon bag with a rubber net bag. I e-mailed Watcher , They said the net I have is custum made and they don't sell replacement bags. Bag is 13"w x 7" long, just the hoop not the handle. Any recomendations where to get one. Thanks.

Edited by hunter123

Try Cumings Nets out of Flint Michigan.

They have a website with a lot of replacement bag options.

I’ve had great customer service from them in the past.

Good luck in your search.

SF

Jann's Netcraft also carries rubber replacement bags.  I used them last year to replace the netting on one of my large Frabill nets. WIsh I did it years ago.  So much easier to use and it is clearly easier on the fish.

Thanks, I e-mailed Jann's and Cumings nets to see what the had close to size I need.  I can't fish the C & R streams in MD, dyingto FF, but might as well get ready for when Gov opens the streams up.Thanks again.

Edited by hunter123

I may have a new rubber net to sell you. Bought one from urban anglers (not the NYC shop) but decided on a different net all together

4 mins ago, chicky said:

I may have a new rubber net to sell you. Bought one from urban anglers (not the NYC shop) but decided on a different net all together

Not looking to get a whole new net. The watcher I have are hand made, I didn't know when I bought it 20 years ago. I'm just looking for a new bag close to the measurements  13"w x 17"L .thank you.

2 hours ago, hunter123 said:

Not looking to get a whole new net. The watcher I have are hand made, I didn't know when I bought it 20 years ago. I'm just looking for a new bag close to the measurements  13"w x 17"L .thank you.

I'll see if my new net bag will fit those dimensions

18 hours ago, chicky said:

I'll see if my new net bag will fit those dimensions

Sorry .bad post.

Edited by hunter123

The medium Brodin replacement net has a circumference of 39". Brodin claims they have the only "made in usa" rubber net.  They have other sizes as well.  I like my carbon fiber Brodin although not for the frugal fisherman. 

14 hours ago, JohnDe said:

The medium Brodin replacement net has a circumference of 39". Brodin claims they have the only "made in usa" rubber net.  They have other sizes as well.  I like my carbon fiber Brodin although not for the frugal fisherman. 

This is theone I'm thinking of getting. Thanks.