superstriper

stay at home and social distancing not for everybody

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

why do the rules and guidelines never get followed by the folks that promote them?-next I suspect we will hear about some golf soon -reminds me of fat boy C Christie shutting down the state parks and then going himself

stay at home orders apply to us-no fishing for u in state parks-no traveling to secondary homes-no leaving the state

I guess in Chris Christie form-have your dad become president and can do what ever you want as well

Ivanka Trump, President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter and a senior White House adviser, has positioned herself as one of the leaders of the administration’s economic relief efforts and one of its most vocal advocates of social distancing.

“Those lucky enough to be in a position to stay at home, please, please do so,” Ivanka Trump said in a video she posted online, encouraging Americans to follow federal guidelines about social distancing, which suggests that people stay at least 6 feet apart. “Each and every one of us plays a role in slowing the spread.”

But Trump herself has not followed the federal guidelines advising against discretionary travel, leaving Washington for another one of her family’s homes, even as she has publicly thanked people for self-quarantining. And effective April 1, the city of Washington issued a stay-at-home order for all residents unless they are performing essential activities.

Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, who is also a senior White House adviser, traveled with their three children to the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey to celebrate the first night of Passover this month, according to two people with knowledge of their travel plans, even as seders across the country were canceled and families gathered remotely over apps like Zoom.

Is this like all of the NYC residents under a stay at home and travel advisory that fled the city and traveled all over the east coast? Who also argued if the locals just stayed home they wouldn't get sick from the invaders? If liberal New Yorkers could travel to second homes why can't she?

Remember, until recently Ivanka was Democrat.

We have had a greater than 20% increase in drug overdoses since our “Safer at home” plan went into effect.  An additional $1,200 is just what our addicts needed, the drug pushers must be really raking it in.

6 mins ago, Cayotica said:

We have had a greater than 20% increase in drug overdoses since our “Safer at home” plan went into effect.  An additional $1,200 is just what our addicts needed, the drug pushers must be really raking it in.

Sounds like natural selection is going to the next level

My God.  Is there anything you guys can’t find to cry about?  Ivanka Trump?  Seriously?

Here’s an idea...decide for yourself which of these rules you’re going to follow, and F what everyone else is doing.

Pretty sure Ivanka flying from home to home in private planes & helicopters or traveling in limos is still social distancing! Until she's sitting on the hood of the limo drawing on a fresh one in the park with the chit I passed while fishing yesterday, she's ok!