Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

With the Spring Rains in our Urban Haunts comes the dreaded Raw Sewage influx and on it's best day you can get some of that Bacteria into your digestive system via open braid cut or simply not washing hands and having that slice of Cumberland Farms Pizza at 2am for the ride home. Now it could be lethal with Corona. Be aware and I would highly advise about using common sense when fishing rivers or even ocean front for Striped Bass where raw sewage entering is a high probability.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00973-x

How about some data that it’s happening here....all of sudden there’s all these possibilities for getting the virus. Even saw a post that you COULD get from someone farting   :headscratch:

31 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

you COULD get from someone farting   :headscratch:

I never get within 6 ft of someone farting!

I think the message is, don't get some other water born bacteria infection because it could make a Covid 19 infection worse. I don't think they are suggesting you can contract the coronavirus from waste water, just that they can detect the RNA in it which could provide additional data on potential infection rates...or resurgence when the current pandemic is over.

1 hour ago, beerdoh said:

I think the message is, don't get some other water born bacteria infection because it could make a Covid 19 infection worse. I don't think they are suggesting you can contract the coronavirus from waste water, just that they can detect the RNA in it which could provide additional data on potential infection rates...or resurgence when the current pandemic is over.

You are correct. On that note I did read an article on how the virus can enter the ocean via sewerage and then become aerosolized by waves when they crash on the beach. I call BS but I am not an expert...just putting it out there.

3 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

How about some data that it’s happening here....all of sudden there’s all these possibilities for getting the virus. Even saw a post that you COULD get from someone farting   :headscratch:

The cure is to light a match, duh

If you can get stomach flu from raw sewage what makes anyone here think you can't get covid 19 fishing in sewage over flow? 

Human Health

"Raw sewage contains disease-causing
pathogens, including viruses, bacteria,
worms, and protozoa. Diseases resulting
from enteric pathogens range from
stomach flu and upper respiratory
infections to potentially life-threatening
illnesses such as cholera, dysentery,
Hepatitis B, and cryptosporidiosis. Children, the elderly, and people with suppressed immune systems face added risk of contracting serious illnesses. When SSOs contaminate public places and waters of the U.S., people can be at risk of exposure to the untreated sewage when:"