Lateral Line

Covid - Symptomatic

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Boy said:

Then please you or anyone stamp out the conspiracy, put it back on the rails and post any link from any government in the world that confirms that the "test" isolates SARS CoV-2 and is not simply testing for the presence of corona virus.

If it does isolate SARS CoV-2 then this should be a very easy and straight forward thing to do right? The answer should be on the top of the first page in your Google search, it should be on the US government website and it will take less than a minute of anyone's time to find. 

If not, then this is no theory...

Given no one has posted this information it either means they aren't bothered and don't care or the information doesn't exist. Like I said, this is no theory, people can choose to look away, "nothing to see here move along" or they can choose to face the facts.

Took about 2 seconds to debunk this ridiculousness. And yes, COVID-19 refers specifically to the disease caused by SARS-COV-2. This isn't even a theory, it's a complete misunderstanding on your part.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/testing.html

"There are laboratory tests that can identify the virus that causes COVID-19 in respiratory specimens. State and local public health departments have received tests from CDC, whereas medical providers are getting tests developed by commercial manufacturers."

And get well soon LL!

Edited by C.Robin

1 hour ago, C.Robin said:

Took about 2 seconds to debunk this ridiculousness. And yes, COVID-19 refers specifically to the disease caused by SARS-COV-2. This isn't even a theory, it's a complete misunderstanding on your part.

"There are laboratory tests that can identify the virus that causes COVID-19 in respiratory specimens. State and local public health departments have received tests from CDC, whereas medical providers are getting tests developed by commercial manufacturers."

And get well soon LL!

I am well aware that the WHO renamed SARS CoV-2 to COVID-19 because it states on their website that they did not want to cause panic in Asian countries, yet another deadly SARS outbreak coming from China.... I am also aware that SARS CoV-2 is part of the corona virus group, which has many infections within it including the "common cold".

The "test" is for genetic material, DNA or RNA material. This is the PCR test and it is used at the earliest stage of infection. There is also the antibody test, not all antibodies are the same or created at the same time as the infection. This is NOT an isolating test for SARS CoV-2. The scientific websites talk about the complications and other not yet understood factors.

Look at the symptoms of this SARS CoV-2 virus, anything from sickness and diarrhea, a headache, fever, a dry cough, difficulty breathing and heart pain. Would you agree that is a pretty broad set of symptoms? That in many countries people presenting any of these symptoms without the test were presumed to have this virus. That while children can have this virus they present as asymptomatic. Rather strange for a virus, no? That the "common flu" actually kills young children in normal years... So what's going on here?

What season are we currently in? The cold and flu season. Huge numbers of people who have had a virus have been put in the SARS CoV-2 figures. Large numbers of the infected who die are put down to this virus, even though they have one, two or three comorbidity factors. 

How many US citizens normally die each year from the flu? Does the world go on lockdown for this normally?

What is the difference in the past 5 years of people dying in the USA each week and the current death rates? From what we are told by media and government we should expect to see a large difference. Would it concern any of you that we are all committing economic suicide over a few thousand extra deaths in each country, as sad and as unfortunate as these deaths are, the vast majority of those who die are either old and/or have more than one comorbidity factor. That 90%+ of those infected survive, and yes I understand "flattening the curve" and not overloading intensive care units with the infected. 

That US warships are out of action is rather strange to me, given that they are crewed by fit mainly youngish people. They are not in the "at risk" groups....

Why are some areas of some countries having much higher death rates than other places in the same country? Because of poor air quality and the damage done to people's lungs from living there. Lombardy in Italy is a highly polluted area because of the heavy industry, the old people living there have knackered lungs and hearts. London and Birmingham have high levels of air pollution with people living cheek by jowl, like New York.... people are unhealthy there.... there is also the factor that in some large cities of the Western world there are many non white people. Dark skinned people suffer badly from this illness in northern countries at the moment because it has been the winter, their skins are very slow to make vitamin D and they are very low in this immune system boosting vitamin. Look at the death rates in Australia, where they have a low population, who spend a lot of time outdoors in warm sunny weather and thus they have high levels of vitamin D.

Hence the wording in the UK media and government that "X number of people died of testing positive for corona virus". They do not state died after testing positive for SARS CoV-2/COVID 19.... Well which corona virus? The common cold, sickness and diarrhea, the "regular flu"? Which corona virus? 

That significant numbers of people have no symptoms and yet are considered to be infected. Under normal circumstances if you present no symptoms of a corona virus then quite simply you do not have it in sufficient quantities (the viral load) to be ill. 

Infact, test any member of this website right now for viruses in the body and all will have some sort or another. This will be present if you are "testing" for the DNA/RNA material. The SARS CoV-2 PCR test is proving positive for 60%+, the antibody test is proving positive for less than 40%. The people on this website are not sick or infectious because the viral load inside them has not reached the level to make them so. 

On top of this, some people who test positive using the PCR test are not testing positive for antibodies. So either they did not have a corona virus in the first place or they are not producing antibodies to fight it which is very worrying. Which brings up the question of reinfection rates and the possible scenario like the Spanish Flu that the 2nd and 3rd waves will be more deadly. That how this virus attacks the cell can be done in several ways, having antibodies to one of its attack mechanisms does not specifically give you immunity when the virus uses its other ways to attack the cell.

There is also the question of the length of time of infection before symptoms show and there is evidence that this can be as long as 4 weeks in some people. That once symptoms show people may take many weeks to recover before they have antibodies, certainly longer than the current two weeks that is spouted by the worldwide media mouthpiece. 

This PCR test and the antibody tests cannot be said to specifically isolate SARS CoV-2. 

They can spin it as much as they want and they can repeat it as many times an hour on the news channels as they want but these "beautiful" tests do not isolate SARS CoV-2.

I'm just a dumb ass English ex-live-in care worker, who was legally paid below the UK minimum hourly wage and worked 98 hours a week for a month at a time without a day off. I was homeless and sleeping in the woods in November and I have some sort of atrophy, waiting for MRI scans and more electro tests on my nerves to try and find out what's going on with me. All the above that I have written is far more than what we are spoon fed by our governments and the propagandist media.

I'm not talking about the tinfoil hat 5G brigade, go on the scientific websites, watch videos on youtube of top research doctors, even watch Dr John Campbell because all the current information is out there in far larger quantities than we get on television (not owned one since 2007) or newspapers. If I can find out this stuff and try to understand it in my limited intelligence way, then for sure there are much greater minds than mine on this website. 

Good health to you all

7 hours ago, Yorkshire Boy said:

Given no one has posted this information it either means they aren't bothered and don't care or the information doesn't exist. Like I said, this is no theory, people can choose to look away, "nothing to see here move along" or they can choose to face the facts.

You are not getting message.

This isn't thread about any conspiracy.

Topic here is about one of our friends, getting symptoms, describing them, dealing with them and now is recovering from them.

Those are the facts here, so in your own worlds,

"Nothing to see here, move along"

If you want to continue conspiracy way, go to PG forum and start posting there.

Thank you for understanding.

Get better, had a mutual friend in my fishing realm that fought it for weeks and beat it. My cousin 40 yrs old, survived serious cancer in his early 20s, tested positive and beat it in 2 days he took motrin, another colleague in my circle 25 yrs old, fought it for 6 weeks, in ICU, airlifted to a special hospital, came off respirator, just got home. We are all in this together. Stay strong. We got this, with much help.

17 hours ago, C.Robin said:

And get well soon LL!

Thanks.  I was about to post the same link.

Thanks all.

Be well everyone!

Today,  I have no shortness of breath,  little nausea, an appetite, and food stays in and down. 

My turning point.

I'll be out soon and stay with the guideline to not infect or make others uncomfortable. 

On 4/21/2020 at 1:07 PM, Lateral Line said:

Thanks all.

Be well everyone!

Today,  I have no shortness of breath,  little nausea, an appetite, and food stays in and down. 

My turning point.

I'll be out soon and stay with the guideline to not infect or make others uncomfortable. 

hi Lateral,  so how are you feeling now ?

12 hours ago, riggler said:

hi Lateral,  so how are you feeling now ?

Thanks for asking. 

I'm ok.

So after almost 4 weeks from initial fever and having mild symptoms... my ears are ringing continuously and headaches are few. I'm stronger the last 2 days. I think the virus grip is broken.

I did the blood work today for antibodies.  This I'm curious about.

Posted (edited) · Report post

for whatever it's worth i think i had it in february. got it right after flying to my ship. 2nd sickest i have ever been. (malaria was worse...maybe)

high fever and one night i woke up and was very short of breath. i was on my ship. told the mates i would not be standing watches for awhile. took a few days to get over the worst. about 8 maybe 10 days to recover

edit: at the time china flu was not on my radar so i did not think that was what it was. if i had known it was kung flu (if in fact it was) i would have gotten away from my crew asap

Edited by mark d
clarification

So... the test results...

I tested negative for the virus.

I tested negative for the antibodies. 

Doctors are still saying covid because of my health, med history and recent symptoms.

All I know is, I was sick for a month.

Doctors will test me again in 3 weeks. They say it could take 6 weeks or more to show antibodies. 

WTF and who knows.

I feel better. 

44 mins ago, Lateral Line said:

So... the test results...

I tested negative for the virus.

I tested negative for the antibodies.

Any idea which tests were administered? ie- PCR test from company x, antibody test from company y?  Knowing the reliability of the test itself would be useful interpreting the results.  Glad you're feeling better.

21 mins ago, sbcbmx112 said:

Any idea which tests were administered? ie- PCR test from company x, antibody test from company y?  Knowing the reliability of the test itself would be useful interpreting the results.  Glad you're feeling better.

I dont know specifics but the nasal swabs and blood test was used.

I was sent to a local urgent care - part of a large medical system. This was for work and not through my own GP and health provider. 

I'll follow up with my doctor in about a month and ask questions then. 

I'm tired from this episode and all the "new norm" life stuff to follow.