Lateral Line

Covid - Symptomatic

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

3 days ago, after a great long nights sleep, I got up 5 am to fish- alone. I took my mask, gloves, Clorox spray, hand sanitizer and hit the road. I avoid all crowds and people have been great. Everyone parks, walks, talks, etc from a good distance. 

It was 45 degrees and I had under garments and was toasty warm. 

I walked a bit and started shaking cold, lost all energy. Just like that. Sat in the car with heat and felt better. Try again to continue,  but not good. Went home and checked my temp and I was 101.9.

With all the precautions I've taken, still I'm presumed positive for covid.

Doctor says stay home, keep in touch daily and if symptoms worsen,  he'll put me on the cocktail without hesitation. Doc says no need to test and avoid hospital visits for mild symptoms. 

I'm fortunate for mild symptoms.  

Day1 - fever, chest pains, nausea,  walk to the toilet a struggle, no appetite, bad headache, ears ringing, no sleep.

Day2 - lower fever, nausea,  no chest pains, no energy, body ache, no appetite , bad headache , ears ringing. 

Day 3 - now, last night soaked in sweat, feel better, no energy, no fever, good sleep, no body ache, mild headache and ears still ringing.

Doctor says this is typical symptoms for locals testing positive. Also, made it clear there will be another round of symptoms coming in the next few to several days which could be more severe.  He said be prepared for this.

This thing is so contagious.  I think I got infected the one time I went to the office and touched the bathroom door and then my pecker..

I let my guard down.

I thought they said it doesn't. live on surfaces longer than 24hrs .I had a mild case myself with just the respiratory problems .I am still not 100 % and its 4 weeks already. .Feel better 

11 mins ago, breezybass said:

I thought they said it doesn't. live on surfaces longer than 24hrs .I had a mild case myself with just the respiratory problems .I am still not 100 % and its 4 weeks already. .Feel better 

That bathroom is used by the PD, 24 x 7. Maybe this is not the source,  but I had no glove at that time and was lazy. I thought about going back to my office for gloves....

So far, my wife has no symptoms.  

20 mins ago, breezybass said:

"They" lol.  If you look hard enough you can find whatever info on the virus'  survivability that suits you or any agenda.   Its all over the map with studies from around the globe.   

good luck stop in the tavern several guys have had it and they can tell you what to expect. As far as I know we have not lost a member but we have lost plenty of loved ones. 

I feel strange telling some on to stop in the tavern for support.   

I take many precautions, on a regular bases, and very rarely get sick. I can’t remember the last time I was sick. I have not changed my habits during this event, other than wearing a mask as required by the government.

I use a commuter train and subway system to get to my office. I know these are rolling petri dishes. Especially the subway. While using public transportation: I never touch anything with my hands, I walk to the end of the platform and get on the first or last car because they are always far less crowded, If anyone sneezes or coughs I hold my breath as long as possible and move to the other end of the car then exit at the next station. I always use sanitizer after exiting public transportation.

Additional things I do all the time: I never tough my face with my fingers unless my hands were just washed or sanitized. I never touch doorknobs, drawer handles or sink faucets in public areas without a paper towel of wipe in my hands to touch them with. I will not use sinks or air driers in public restrooms. I always carry wipes and sanitizer with me to clean my hands after I exit the restroom and they are in my pocket before I enter, ready to use, so I don’t have to touch my backpack to get to them. I avoid crowded spaces, I don’t enter an elevator with more than 3 people on it. I wipe down all the contact surfaces in my office frequently. If I suspect someone is sick, I will sit in the furthest chair in the conference room from them. I sanitize my cell phone frequently.

I do all this without thinking, it has become habit. I also don’t seam to appear to be OCD about it because many coworkers always ask how I never get sick. I must mask it well.

I can’t say I’m a complete germaphobe, while fishing I don’t worry about the stink on my hands from bait. In fact I frequently forget to clean my hands before grabbing food and eating it. I’m surprised I haven’t gotten sick from that.   

Hope you feel better Lateral, thanks for the info, good to know that if you do get the Corona, the first reaction from the doc's is not as alarming as I would expect. Then again, it shows how many are going undiagnosed and untreated, so the numbers we see everyday are really meaningless. Best of luck, keep us posted and quarantine yourself.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, Lateral Line said:

With all the precautions I've taken, still I'm presumed positive for covid.

Doctor says stay home, keep in touch daily and if symptoms worsen,  he'll put me on the cocktail without hesitation. Doc says no need to test and avoid hospital visits for mild symptoms. 

Let us know how you are doing.

What cocktail was your Dr. going to put you on??? HCQ???  I definitely think the county is missing out bigtime by not prescribing this known drug on a wide scale... of course under doctor's close supervision.  I'm suggesting this for reasons summed up by saying, "Desperate times call for desperate measures"... and "Think outside the box".  Both sayings concerning the use of HCQ would not be agreeable to policy wonks like Dr. Fauci.  I think Fauci and Dr. Brix  are both good folks and Trump is fortunate to have them both on his side... but still Dr. Fauci is a policy wonk.

BTW, just recently CDC added a new symptom to the list for Covid19.  That is red sore pea-sized spots on toes… maybe more seen on younger folks.

Edited by HJS
add more info

3 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

good luck stop in the tavern several guys have had it and they can tell you what to expect. As far as I know we have not lost a member but we have lost plenty of loved ones. 

I feel strange telling some on to stop in the tavern for support.   

Yes, the Tavern for support. 

The whole hand  / dick transmition theory should be in the Tavern!

I'll go there with my theory.  I need the entertainment!

Stay well!

2 hours ago, ASrod said:

Did you have any upper respiratory symptoms?

Not really.  I had my usual fishing cigar and thought I should stop for a while because I had a wheeze. 

No cough.  I had chest pains night one but no trouble breathing. Still a bit of wheeze but nothing more with respiratory. 

I did notice night one, I knew my heart was beating and I was breathing deep. Hard to describe. 

2 hours ago, Trainman327 said:

I take many precautions, on a regular bases, and very rarely get sick. I can’t remember the last time I was sick. I have not changed my habits during this event, other than wearing a mask as required by the government.

I use a commuter train and subway system to get to my office. I know these are rolling petri dishes. Especially the subway. While using public transportation: I never touch anything with my hands, I walk to the end of the platform and get on the first or last car because they are always far less crowded, If anyone sneezes or coughs I hold my breath as long as possible and move to the other end of the car then exit at the next station. I always use sanitizer after exiting public transportation.

Additional things I do all the time: I never tough my face with my fingers unless my hands were just washed or sanitized. I never touch doorknobs, drawer handles or sink faucets in public areas without a paper towel of wipe in my hands to touch them with. I will not use sinks or air driers in public restrooms. I always carry wipes and sanitizer with me to clean my hands after I exit the restroom and they are in my pocket before I enter, ready to use, so I don’t have to touch my backpack to get to them. I avoid crowded spaces, I don’t enter an elevator with more than 3 people on it. I wipe down all the contact surfaces in my office frequently. If I suspect someone is sick, I will sit in the furthest chair in the conference room from them. I sanitize my cell phone frequently.

I do all this without thinking, it has become habit. I also don’t seam to appear to be OCD about it because many coworkers always ask how I never get sick. I must mask it well.

I can’t say I’m a complete germaphobe, while fishing I don’t worry about the stink on my hands from bait. In fact I frequently forget to clean my hands before grabbing food and eating it. I’m surprised I haven’t gotten sick from that.   

Good luck. I mean it. If I wrong with what I believe is my mistake, then everything is suspect.

I'm relieved my anxiety over getting this **** is over!

I'm ready to go back to work! When doctor says ok.

I get paid to stay home and I've had enough of it.

I've eaten plenty of bunker,  clam, mackerel and ground chum with my food in my formative years and beyond. I'd say I'm fine! Hahaha