Tip toe or full dive?

Rate this topic

DoorGunner

38 mins ago, mybeach said:

Wearing stupid little outfits and you need a GPS to find the green. What a crock. The best part about golfing is bombing the tractor on the range and beeping as you pass a bunch of clowns teeing off. I'm just channeling my inner Pete.:p

Lol, I wear exactly the same clothes to play golf that I fish in...and often golf and fish in the same clothes on the same day :howdy:  You won't catch me at a driving range, I leave my driver in my garage cause it  can go too far sideways to be safe in public :bucktooth: 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

1 min ago, AlwaysWading said:

Yeah, but wouldn't you think the place would be full with covid patients  at least ?

No you can't do that everything is virtual and people are selectively being sent in I doubt it would make any sense to have awaiting area filled with civid cases

Edited by crazybellringer

38 mins ago, mybeach said:

flattening the curve. yeah, sure. 

I'd say maybe 50/50 people adhering and people ignoring. Might be more ignoring. And you're going to fine me $5000, $7000 and put me in jail? Which criminals who actually committed crimes and were found guilty of BREAKING LAWS did you release to make room for me?

^^^Agreed...about the dumbest thing I've ever ****ing heard :freak: 

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

2 mins ago, Billybob said:

I've always been told that guys can't fish and golf, there's just not enough time to do both well and still work. But that was before fishing website oligarths.

I never said I fished or golfed well, I just said I did them both :wave:

23 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Strange. I was just on the phone with a client who had to take his son into the ER in midtown Manhattan last night. Said the place was a ghost town. Maybe 10 people total. :shrug:

The ER might be a ghost town and I'm not sure about midtown, but someone recently posted here (a doctor I believe) that he was in three NY hospitals last week and their (again, going from memory) ICU capacity was over 200%.  Folks with the Corona are staying in ICU for a long time...and on vents for a long time...

TimS

What has changed that makes folks think it is time to open up - fast or slow?  Beside an election coming up?   The need to reopen is great.  I get it that the economy is likely damaged for quite a while and the longer it goes more jobs and businesses are never going to come back.  But.....

I've been watching that counter climb and climb.

on 3/31/2020 the US count was 164,610 cases

On 4/7/2020 the US count was 386,800 cases

On 4/14 2020 the US count was 598,670 cases

This morning we are at 639,733

So - That looks like a rocket ship ride still in process.  If you figure that 1/3 of this is in NY - well the rest of us are just getting started.

If you are trying to open up wholesale without a super wide spread availabiity for a  test that gives an almost immediate results I think we will end up with 80% of us getting it.

so 330M people = 264M cases  What is that about 2.6M deaths?

Even if it is half of that - good grief......

56 mins ago, mybeach said:

Wearing stupid little outfits and you need a GPS to find the green. What a crock. The best part about golfing is bombing the tractor on the range and beeping as you pass a bunch of clowns teeing off. I'm just channeling my inner Pete.:p

Playing golf AND beeping at people teeing off are two of my favorite pastimes. :th: 

15 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

Yeah, but wouldn't you think the place would be full with covid patients  at least ?

The ER? No, I'm not surprised it wasn't full of covid patients...you are told NOT to come to the hospital if you have covid symptoms :read: My local hospital had it right on their home page - if you have symptoms, DO NOT come to the ER..call your doctor or call the hospital and talk to someone. They don't want folks walking into the ER and spreading the covid.

2 mins ago, Kneel said:

Playing golf AND beeping at people teeing off are two of my favorite pastimes. :th: 

I think there could be potential in a golf course/go cart mashup - like motorized golf polo :idea: